PDA

View Full Version : Throttle cable tension

Underdog
12-27-2004, 09:51 PM
Hey. When I had my car in the auto shop at school, one of my friends pointed out to me that my throttle cable looked loose and that he thought Honda's were supposed to have the throttle cable tighter than that. My auto shop teacher showed me how to adjust, but didn't tell me if it should actually be tightened or not. There's definately some free play in it, plus the gas pedal has a lot of free play in it before it actually starts accelerating. My auto shop teacher had my push the gas pedal all the way down and said I was still getting WOT, but should I tighten it anyways? How tight should it be? Thanks again!

mykwikcoupe
12-27-2004, 10:35 PM
Do you have pauls handbook download. Ill check. I want to say oh I dont want to give out bad advise. Ill be right back. Oh and hwere are you located in WA underdog

mykwikcoupe
12-27-2004, 10:43 PM
deflection should be between 4-10mm. make sure your still at WOT at full deflection. Ive got mine set a little tight. isnatnt revs and hard to stall off the line. Just dont make it to tight or it will never idle it will always be onsome sort of throttle. Id say loosen it till it nottaunt. adjust it back with the car running till it starts to rev any. lossen maybe a 1/2 turn so it sits at idle. Check deflection. You should be good AKA super green

3gn86lxi
12-27-2004, 10:46 PM
Do you have pauls handbook download. Ill check. I want to say oh I dont want to give out bad advise. Ill be right back. Oh and hwere are you located in WA underdog
We are both in Port Orchard. We can have mini meets whenever we want. :alc:

Underdog
12-27-2004, 10:50 PM
deflection should be between 4-10mm. make sure your still at WOT at full deflection. Ive got mine set a little tight. isnatnt revs and hard to stall off the line. Just dont make it to tight or it will never idle it will always be onsome sort of throttle. Id say loosen it till it nottaunt. adjust it back with the car running till it starts to rev any. lossen maybe a 1/2 turn so it sits at idle. Check deflection. You should be good AKA super green

Alright, thanks!

Yeah, I'm in Port Orchard. Hey 3gn86lxi, that avatar is ROOT beer right? :alc:

3gn86lxi
12-27-2004, 10:54 PM
Alright, thanks!

Yeah, I'm in Port Orchard. Hey 3gn86lxi, that avatar is ROOT beer right? :alc:
Whatever you need to tell your self underdog!! I dont know if Pyramid makes root beer though! :alc: Seriosly.....one of us is going to have to drive down the street so we can meet dude!! Maybe when I get the car going again.

Underdog
12-27-2004, 11:16 PM
Whatever you need to tell your self underdog!! I dont know if Pyramid makes root beer though! :alc: Seriosly.....one of us is going to have to drive down the street so we can meet dude!! Maybe when I get the car going again.
good idea :thumbup: