PDA

View Full Version : performance chips on ebay

AccordNut
12-28-2004, 10:14 AM
i see 2 of them for a fairly cheap price (which usually means cheap performance) does anyone anything about these 2 chips?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7944088255&category=33597&sspagename=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7944138564&category=33553&sspagename=WDVW

just wondering if its worth the effort

AccordEpicenter
12-28-2004, 11:18 AM
its complete bs... just like the electric supercharger... total nonsense, no performance benefit whatsoever

Oldblueaccord
12-28-2004, 12:14 PM
its complete bs... just like the electric supercharger... total nonsense, no performance benefit whatsoever

Well looks like to me there intercepting the Air temp sensor and modifiing the signal befroe it goes into the ECU to make the car "see" colder air and run a little richer. I suspect same thing these other Venom/ SPC controlers work except they intercept the MAP senors input and modify it a little.

The bs part is 10-22 hp. I just dont see it unless your car has alotta mods where a richer fuel mix is gonna help/be needed anyway.

EDIT: wild guess there just a resistor in that little box what one is the key

wp

racerx
12-28-2004, 01:01 PM
that's all they ever are. even the high priced kits (200-300 dollars) are just resistors in boxes.
you're going to need a real engine management system to get real performance and reliability out of these things.

AccordEpicenter
12-28-2004, 01:49 PM
Well looks like to me there intercepting the Air temp sensor and modifiing the signal befroe it goes into the ECU to make the car "see" colder air and run a little richer. I suspect same thing these other Venom/ SPC controlers work except they intercept the MAP senors input and modify it a little.

The bs part is 10-22 hp. I just dont see it unless your car has alotta mods where a richer fuel mix is gonna help/be needed anyway.

EDIT: wild guess there just a resistor in that little box what one is the key

exactly, just adding fuel to a lightly modified engine rarely nets any power gain. If you needed more fuel youd have do somthing drastic like add fuel pressure or get a piggyback controller. Simply changing the air intake value is quite a blind and invalid way of adding fuel