PDA

View Full Version : alarm ?'s

accordlxi2.0
12-28-2004, 03:43 PM
allright right peep's..i'm in need of some help.
i want this done before i put on my rims you know.
well i'm a bit worried.
i got this bulldog alarm (6002pro, i've had it before on my lx-i), and i'm just wondering....
okay on the alarm it has a diagram of the alarm a few i wondering about is:

one one wire it's the door trigger (turns on the alarm if it's opened) it's a - type wire.

the other one is dome light out put which is a - , 300ma wire.

okay what i want to do is hook both wire to the dome light....why
well since each of the door switches are isolated the dome light open's with any door.

if i can remember i did this last time and i screwed up something on the alarm.

but both wire's are - outputs so i would have to connect it to the negative side of the domelight wire............right??
if so, what color is the wire???

thanks

TJ89Accord
12-28-2004, 08:21 PM
I'm assuming you are putting it in a 3g...

Use this for door trigger

black/white wire, above fusebox (In a two-wire harness wrapped in vinyl tubing above fusebox behind coinbox). Also found the same color in a green plug to the right of the steering column.

Use the same wire for dome light, but you need to use a relay! DONT HOOK UP THE DOME LIGHT OUTPUT OF THE ALARM DIRECTLY TO THE CAR!

Check this link if you don't know how to wire up the relay

http://www.the12volt.com/relays/page4.asp#ien

It should work, but if it doesn't, let me know and I will type out how to wire the relay.

Anymore questions feel free to ask.

tim

accordlxi2.0
12-29-2004, 07:28 AM
even though the door trigger is - . and even though the alarm out is a negative connector too?

i thought i've would've been fine since both wire's on the alarm is negative.....

TJ89Accord
12-29-2004, 08:49 AM
the domelight output isn't strong enough, you will probably fry your alarm. those out puts are made to run a relay. You can get one at autozone or an audio shop if you don't have any.

any more questions feel free to ask!

tim

accordlxi2.0
12-29-2004, 06:43 PM
hmm..okay now i have another problem...finding the parking light wire...
it's red/black at the kick panael but i really don't see it......
what's up with that..can anyone tell me?

TJ89Accord
12-29-2004, 07:29 PM
Look for a red and black wire anywhere. There are parking light wires running all over the car. If you really can't find it, look closer to the switch.

Did you get the dome light to work?

tim

accordlxi2.0
12-30-2004, 07:15 AM
ummm nope...because you said it would need a relay ....which i have (which is for a cooling fan but does'nt really make a difference)
and i'm trying to figure out how to wire it.....
since the alarm has a negative wire out, and the dome light ( i think) works by negative switch.

i'm not doubting ya..but i was looking at the manual it said i need a relay for positive 9as with most fords)
type domelight ....
so how would i go about wiring a relay to a negitive type wire to a negative type dome light wire??

TJ89Accord
12-30-2004, 09:35 AM
Pin 87 goes to ground

Pin 86 goes to the alarm - domelight ouput

Pin 85 goes to fused 12v

Pin 30 goes to the negative door trigger wire from the car

The negative signal from the domelight output is too weak to run the domelight. By adding a relay it makes the signal stronger.

hope that helps.

Did you find the parking light wire?

tim

accordlxi2.0
12-30-2004, 01:03 PM
yea..i did and .....um i was curious and i hooked up the wire and it works......
i'm sorry homey i was curious...and i'm pretty hard headed and stubborn, but it worked i only wanted the roof light on, even though the doors don't, but i'm fine with that.
i found the wire...a solid red wire at the top were the constant 12v is.

but everything works fine i'm trying to get some of the features to work.

TJ89Accord
12-30-2004, 01:25 PM
Thats cool. You can use the same wire for the door triggers that you used for dome light. Most alarms you have to use a relay for the dome light though. Any more questions feel free to ask.

tim

accordlxi2.0
12-30-2004, 05:30 PM
thanks for helping me out.