PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Now!!!! Head Trouble

MarioBurke
12-28-2004, 07:55 PM
I am trying to get my car back together. I am putting the head back on and the intake manifold is still attached. but it seemed the head is no sitting flush! Is this normal??? are you just supposed to singe up the bolts on the head to bring it in, or is it supposed to Sit flush when you set it down. If any body could give me an answer real quick Id really appreciate it. I have been working all after noon and would be pissed if i had to get another head.

AccordEpicenter
12-28-2004, 08:15 PM
its supposed to sit flush. Make sure that the oil jet in the block is sitting right and that the dowel pins are ok and not crushed. Another thing is that somtimes the intake mani gets hung up on stuff behind the engine etc

MarioBurke
12-28-2004, 08:24 PM
where are the oil jets located. I placed the dowel pins in the block with the head gasket so it would fall off and end up being crushed.

Strugglebucket
12-28-2004, 08:58 PM
the oil jet is on the manifold side of the block, in between cyl 2 and 3. it is a little brass nozzle with an o ring. could of come out stuck in the head, too.

A20A1
12-28-2004, 09:59 PM
Crank could have turned changing the position of the pistions an now the valve is hitting a piston or is that not possible... ?

MarioBurke
12-28-2004, 11:09 PM
thanks guys i got it on there. i it was the dowel pins. preciate your help!!

88Accord-DX
12-29-2004, 02:16 AM
I don't know if you found what is making the head not set flush or not, but sometimes aluminum heads warp. You can take a straight edge (preferably steel) and lay if flat across the whole head to see if it might be warped. Place a feeler guage under various points along the straight edge and see if there are any variations. You need to have the head re-serfaced if it got hot and there is variations in measurements.

MarioBurke
12-29-2004, 03:35 AM
naw i got it figured out. I already did the straight edge trick and the head was straight which is why i was getting confused. so I actually tried a couple different edges just to triple check the head wasnt warped. it ended up being the dowels, and i forgot to take out the bolts from the head. when I unbolted it i just left the bolts right in their places, and i was putting it back on that way. so i just removed the bolts and it made it alot easier to work with.

thanks though!

Justin86
12-29-2004, 10:21 AM
Crank could have turned changing the position of the pistions an now the valve is hitting a piston or is that not possible... ?
Yea it is very possible..............

Neuspeed87lx
12-29-2004, 07:30 PM
lol guys he got it ! .... you had me a bit nervous ... i was thinkin you mabey de-tourqed the head wrong and warped it .... ive done that before..... not fun .... glad to hear its okay though