PDA

View Full Version : Finished my sub set-up(for now)(56k pwnage)

88accordalltheway
12-30-2004, 08:18 PM
hey guys, I finally hit a point where i feel like i completed somthing. Even though im not totally done, i feel like im preety much there. Here it is:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/caliaccord88/DSCF0082.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/caliaccord88/DSCF0062.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/caliaccord88/DSCF0063.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/caliaccord88/DSCF0071.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/caliaccord88/52c8d621.jpg

I plan on covering up the front of the black light so you dont actually see the light, all you see is the glowing speakers. Um, dont rag on my box, me and my friend built it. I just puttied the screw holes, 1/2 assed sanded it and then painted it. Yea i didnt feel like carpeting it, because as some of you know, I had a set up before and i recarped that thing(took me almost a week) and then this happened to it: http://3geez.com/showthread.php?t=37455
Yea so i didnt feel like carpeting this one. The trunk is a little messy, sorry.

As of right now, i have:
head unit: Pioneer deh7600
mids: two 6.5" alpine's in the front
two 6.5" infinity refrences in the back(stock part)
and two 6"x9" pioneer's i added(dont have the neato grilles on yet)
subs: two 12" infinity 1230w refrences
amp: 650w hart audio amp(its 1/2 blown)

I just wanted to know if anyone likes what i did with the black light.
thanks guys

Vanilla Sky
12-30-2004, 08:51 PM
not bad you gay little ricer fuck :p

seriously, it's not bad... the one big thing i would do is clean the wiring up... other than that, it's not bad at all...

Strugglebucket
12-30-2004, 11:54 PM
ouch! that last pic made me crack something in my neck, lol. what are those, mugen road flares?

you should turn the box around and slide it towards the back of the truck. or at least turn it around.

88accordalltheway
12-31-2004, 01:12 AM
ouch! that last pic made me crack something in my neck, lol. what are those, mugen road flares?

you should turn the box around and slide it towards the back of the truck. or at least turn it around.

haha, no man, those be JDM mugen seat belt pad thingers. Im not using them because i think they make my car riced out plus when people get into my car, there like wtf are those and it gets anoying.
I wanted the speakers like that for a couple of resons....
first i wanted them for safety issues, i can fold up the seat and no one can get to the speakers(the box is locked with pad locks when its like that)
second i like how it sounds, its really clean and i dont have to deal too much with my trunk rattling and making a ruckus.
third, i want to look at them when there moving, Im still fasinated with them, plus the reason they glow is because i painted the words and infinity sign with UV sensitive paint

smufguy
12-31-2004, 06:55 AM
that looks pretty cool. I think ur not gonna be using the rear seat huh? hmmmmmmmm........... Infinities........ hmmmmmmmm

oh, i thought those were Mugen special nutrition Bars. :(

88accordalltheway
12-31-2004, 10:29 AM
i can still put the seat up when i need to use it

Elijah
12-31-2004, 11:04 AM
I heard the best sound comes from being turned around but the box where you have it.

Ludi Mali
12-31-2004, 11:17 AM
looks sweet dude, if you seal the edges of the box, so theres no air transfer between teh cab and the trunk it will sound better too.

smufguy
12-31-2004, 11:37 AM
I heard the best sound comes from being turned around but the box where you have it.

Thats what i heard too. BUt people said that it also depends on the basket construction. Like the Audiobahns we see are always sticking their ass outta the box and people said thats how it produces more base.

88accordalltheway: doesnt ur seat hit the subs?

88accordalltheway
12-31-2004, 12:06 PM
Thats what i heard too. BUt people said that it also depends on the basket construction. Like the Audiobahns we see are always sticking their ass outta the box and people said thats how it produces more base.

88accordalltheway: doesnt ur seat hit the subs?
Yeah, if i turned them around, they might be louder, but the sound wouldnt be as clean because of all the rattles that are created in my trunk. Im the kinda person that gets obsessive over anti-rattle.

nope, subs dont hit at all. before i had the black light on there, i had my amp attached on the back of the seat. I could fold the seat up and the amp wouldent even touch the subs. Do you think the seat will be able to fold up with the rear strut bar? cause i was thinking of getting one of those too...

Oh yeah, i was thinking of painting some sort of cool design on the box that mabe even goes onto the speakers. I have more paint and even in different colors. I dunno, any ideas?

Strugglebucket
12-31-2004, 04:25 PM
i know, i know -it looks good up against the seat and you have more trunk space, easier to secure the box, blah blah blah.

BUT, just give it a try with them at the back of the trunk, facing the back of the trunk. i've played around with box placement in these cars a lot and that is by far the best spot. not only is louder, but since you are minimizing phase cancellation mainly below 50hz, it's deeper too. put a layer of some type of deadener on the trunk lid and you increase the output even more, again particularly in the LOW frequencies.

on the other hand, the glowing blur of the subs pumping with the black light must look pretty cool... i'm just a big fan of getting the most bass with the least amount of power.

oh, i thought those were Mugen special nutrition Bars.
they're mugen-licious!:eatarrow:

Vanilla Sky
12-31-2004, 04:29 PM
the thing you get in trade for loudness is MUD... i hate muddy sounding stereos...

88accordalltheway
12-31-2004, 04:32 PM
ill try it, so its at the back, facing the back?
its not mostly the trunk lid that makes the noise, its the the deck where the mids are, all that stuff rattles and ive tried quieting some of it, but its almost impossible without stripping the entire thing.

Strugglebucket
12-31-2004, 04:59 PM
the main culprits for rear deck rattling are usually the trunk lid tension bars and the fold-down seat release handle (inside the trunk). just hit the trouble spots with some adhesive felt or foam or something.

smufguy
01-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Do you think the seat will be able to fold up with the rear strut bar? cause i was thinking of getting one of those too...

no it does not hit the rear seats. I saw Keruhas have a rear strut bar on his LX and it had enough room to clear the seats. U will have to move the sub box about 2 inches back or something from the current position.

HondaBoy
01-03-2005, 10:18 PM
looks alright. i personally would never go back to a regular box. after having this band pass, you gotta know that sound is clean and boomie. they best position i've found to place my subs was at the end of the trunk right by where the trunk lid latch is, dont know what to call that part at the moment. anyway, right there with the speakers facing upward towards the trunk lid. that's how i had my ghetto 12's before i got this band pass. now the box is right at the back with the port holes facing up. i tried differnt configurations, even with the ports facing into the cab and turned in the opposite direction. the way i have it now usually confuses people to think i have something more than just 1 sub when they hear it. also, i have a hole cut into the arm rest area in the seat back. makes for a nice bass port.

TheSummoner101
01-04-2005, 01:13 PM
looks pretty good, and i like infinites, they are good, but a bit pricey...jus rem to get a alarm on this time :)