PDA

View Full Version : motor paint ?

RiCANACCORD
12-30-2004, 09:03 PM
how can I paint the oil cover where it sawys honda motor company. Can I remove that part or I have to paint it over it ???? You tell .... Excuse me for my newbie question....

HondaBoy
12-30-2004, 10:46 PM
i think you can remove the honda motor company badge on there. you'll want to get all the oil off the part you're going to paint. also you might want to sand the surface with fine grit sand paper, like 700-900 grit. also, use a good engine paint, not any regular type of paint. i have a valve cover that i want to paint, its off of a prelude. what color were you going to want to paint the valve cover? i wanted mine painted red.

A20A1
12-31-2004, 01:30 AM
some years have the emblem that screws on, others are just glued on, and then there is the aluminum cast cover but you can't remove that one.

smufguy
12-31-2004, 07:16 AM
if you have a carb cover (which is gay) then its just a sticker. If can fish out a 2nd gen lude with the BT or A20 motor, and see if their covers are different then it would be cool. If you can find a EFI cover, then its casted onto the metal like Mike said. IF you badle want to get rid of it, put it to a mill and mill the etches off, dont try to belt sand it. It will end up looking like ass, or it will take forever to sand it down.

RiCANACCORD
12-31-2004, 01:55 PM
thanks .. I'm looking forward to paint it yellow and the cap red... I will change the wires to red too. Let's see !!! :thumbup:

86LXItooFAST4me
12-31-2004, 01:59 PM
thanks .. I'm looking forward to paint it yellow and the cap red... I will change the wires to red too. Let's see !!! :thumbup:

haha, yellow and red? im not saying anything. but good luck man!

Justin86
01-01-2005, 08:43 AM
if you have a carb cover (which is gay) then its just a sticker. If can fish out a 2nd gen lude with the BT or A20 motor, and see if their covers are different then it would be cool. If you can find a EFI cover, then its casted onto the metal like Mike said. IF you badle want to get rid of it, put it to a mill and mill the etches off, dont try to belt sand it. It will end up looking like ass, or it will take forever to sand it down.

hey I still have my carb valve cover with the screw on badge, and I like it very much. ;)

HKSdrift3r
01-01-2005, 11:16 AM
if you have a carb cover (which is gay) then its just a sticker. If can fish out a 2nd gen lude with the BT or A20 motor, and see if their covers are different then it would be cool. If you can find a EFI cover, then its casted onto the metal like Mike said. IF you badle want to get rid of it, put it to a mill and mill the etches off, dont try to belt sand it. It will end up looking like ass, or it will take forever to sand it down. :stupid:

smufguy
01-01-2005, 02:07 PM
hey I still have my carb valve cover with the screw on badge, and I like it very much. ;)

lol, u are unique. I hate mine since the studs for the old air filter box is still there serving no purpose. U got a screw on badge? i got mine just looks like a sticker

BITESIZE
01-01-2005, 03:56 PM
Red is a good color!

HostileJava
01-01-2005, 04:22 PM

I have one word for you:

McDonalds.

smufguy
01-01-2005, 04:28 PM
I have one word for you:

McDonalds.

lol, ur ingenious Jimmy :)