PDA

View Full Version : tranny problem

lude_speed91
12-31-2004, 11:30 PM
Yesterday i scraped my 89 accord lxi cuz of 1 big problem with it wheni bought it i payed 500 bucks for it and i had it towed home and when i got it home i stuck the new battery in it when i turned the key i didn't have any power 2 any thing in the car so i thot for a couple off days asked people i knew what it could be and i found out that it could be a fuse so i replaced the fuse the battery fuse i think it was and it started right away and of course when u start a car u just leave it in park and u leave your food off the break and one it fires up it starts goin bacwards im like wtf so i put my foot on the break and it stops so then i test the gears. i leave it in park go bacward put it in R its like neutral put it in d1 it drive d2 it drives but ti wont go past 40 kmp/h with the rev s all the way up at max and i couldnt figuer it out so after mounths of thinking bout it and friends and family atvising me to scrap it i did and i think i i knew what it was it could have bine a great car it was white and had no rust but under the tail lights was roated out was quiet and was mint inside and even had a stock cd player :sad2:

Jareds 89 LX-i
12-31-2004, 11:41 PM
Sounds like it was as simple as your shift linkage out of adjustment. When the shifter was in park, the tranny was in reverse... when shifter is in reverse, tranny is in neutral, etc. I'm not sure on adjustment being that I don't have an auto, but check the manual and it should tell you. It's usually on the shifter itself, but sometimes the tranny too

lude_speed91
12-31-2004, 11:57 PM
Sounds like it was as simple as your shift linkage out of adjustment. When the shifter was in park, the tranny was in reverse... when shifter is in reverse, tranny is in neutral, etc. I'm not sure on adjustment being that I don't have an auto, but check the manual and it should tell you. It's usually on the shifter itself, but sometimes the tranny too
shit allright thanks man i really should have takin it in i could have had great car but my dad is inlove with his s10 and hates all imports and advised me 2 scrap it but thank man that was probley it