PDA

View Full Version : Unless it's something small... I'll never visit Pep Boys again!

Big Body LX
07-31-2002, 02:47 PM
Okay.. so you guys remember the problems that I've had with my car and its axles. Well I bought the driver side axle from Pep Boys and it had a lifetime warranty. Well I'm driving on lunch today and all of a sudden.. the car makes a horrible noise and starts shaking. I take it to Sears and have them check it out.

What happened?
Well apparantly Pep Boys sold me the WRONG AXLE so it twisted 180 degrees!!!! :huh:

But like I said, unless it's something small such as crimp caps, a headlight, or a Helm's manual.. I won't go back to Pep Boys.

Oh.. and on a side note, after running a diagnosis test on my car to figure out why it runs hot they failed to discover the fuse that was blown! DAMN IDIOTS!!!! :stupid:

Jdub07
07-31-2002, 03:15 PM
You got work done to your car at Pep Boys??! Well you live and learn I have never and will never go to pep boys again either. I haven't gotten work on my car done there but they NEVER have what I need and there is NEVER anyone around to ask for help and when you do get someone they don't know a fucking thing cars. The only cool shit is the one by my house has those hanging camera's but inside are no cameras. I used to fill my shopping cart up with shit and walk out, take my time putting it all in the car and just drive away. I hope it burns to the ground some day...i would love to see that building burn.:burn:

Big Body LX
07-31-2002, 03:23 PM
I replaced the axle myself. I just had Pep Boys do a diagnosis on the car when it was running hot.

92cx
07-31-2002, 04:08 PM
and i can vouch axle was in right.. well atleat it slid in like any other axle i've ever installed, was a little hard to get the hub on but we were careful when we put it together and everything appeared to fit good.. however now he's being told it is fucked up... and the axle started acting like it was gonna go again... i think it's bad axle.. but the shop he took it too this time around seems to think it wrong axle(we couldn't compare anyway cause old axle was completely fucked)

kennycm
08-01-2002, 05:33 AM
Well, I've never gone there and thanks to ya'll, I'll never go there now.

markmdz89hatch
08-01-2002, 06:36 AM
I completely agree. Ever since 6/22/2001 I have only stepped foot in that place once.

...and that was to tell the guy there that I know he was the one who "put my car on someone's shoping list". Yeah, he and the other guys at the shop coordinated it's demise. They stole the f*cking car on 6/22/2001 from right in front of my house.

Not to mention, that when I did trust them to do the work, the last time I had something done, I walked around to the garage while my car was being worked on b/c they were playing some good (real LOUD) music in there and I wanted to see how they were progressing... ...and that loud music was coming from MY CAR, and MY CD's. I damn near strangled the guys in there and went straight to the manager. The manager just walked out to the garage and was like "guys, I asked you before not to touch anything in the customers cars.", and then she looked at me like, "there all taken care of". I almost had my g/f bitch slap her too.

PEP BOYS BLOWS ASS!!!!