PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy this setup?

Tespo87AccordDX
01-01-2005, 03:25 PM
A local guy wants to sell me his setup. He's had it for 2 months and he wants to upgrade. It sounded like a pretty good deal, but I've never heard of the brand. He's got 2 15" subs in a carpeted box and a 2000watt amp. It's Legacy brand. He wants $175 but he's says it's negotiable.
Should I jump on it?

z3bra
01-02-2005, 02:43 AM
legacy = :(

Neuspeed87lx
01-02-2005, 07:20 PM
i wouldnt ...legacy stuff is junk

danronian
01-02-2005, 07:55 PM
I agree, don't buy it. Just research the brands and don't be compulsive about buying something just because it's cheap.

Neuspeed87lx
01-02-2005, 08:00 PM
yup ...plus 175 for that stuff isnt even cheap !

HondaBoy
01-03-2005, 10:01 PM
he's had it for 2 months? now he wants to sell it. there's something wrong there. i'd say wait and buy something brand new, and get a warrenty! even if you know the guy well, dont buy from friends. because something always seems to go wrong or something. like the stuff will go bad, or the other guy will regret it and want it back, its from experience with people. that's my opinion, but you'll have to make your own decisions. legacy brand isnt that great, you can buy that stuff on JCW. i'd check the prices on there and see if the stuff is cheaper on JCW.com, if you really want to buy that.

i checked some prices, the 15's sell for about $50 a piece. the amp might be a bit over $200. even then i'd still wonder about that stuff. even if you've heard the subs, the amp could have some problems. i dunno, i dont trust buying things like amps unless i can get a solid warrenty. even the pawn shop gives a warrenty. i bought mine from a pawn shop with a warrenty, still works bad ass.

Magny
01-06-2005, 11:29 PM
wait american legacy amps arent that bad, shit mine blew a chip, sent it in to get it replaced and it works like a champ now, got 1200 watts runnin thru my shit lol. but as of a few months ago i removed it all out of my trunk now i am in the proccess of sellin the box w/o the subs and everything, its a bandpass. my 10in CVRs dont sound great in there, im gonna put them into a enclosure or ported box, havent decided. but other than that legacy amps are decent enough if u r on a budget and want good enough bump. Id say on a scale of 1-10 120 being best, legacy amps are a number 5, not too crappy for the dollars, and not highend with a big tag. ask the guys that went to the monterey meet with me, they heard my subs goin. just agreed with me that the subs arent for the bandpass, but still made good enough bump like hell IMO.