PDA

View Full Version : Removing Throttle Body?

AccordNut
01-02-2005, 01:02 PM
i took off my intake today to clean it, and i looked inside the throttle body and the butterfly was nasty! also the walls were covered with black gunk...id like to take it off and give it a good cleaning, anyone have any experience with this?

'89AccordLX(Rus)
01-02-2005, 02:55 PM
Download the repair manual (aka shop manual) from http://www.pauldesign.ru/ and follow the instructions for removing the throttle body. It shouldn't be hard, make sure you get a new set of mounting gaskets for the throttle body first.

ACE_14
01-02-2005, 09:55 PM
i took mine off one time to clean it. its not that hard. just beware, you will leak water when you remove the lines. i soaked it in thottle body cleaner, used rags and even a screw driver to scrape stuff off. then i sprayed the thottle body cleaner into the intake manifold and watched all the crap come off. after i cleaned it as much as i could, i re-installed everything and started it up. it hesitated to start at first, then ran really rough, but after revving it up a little to get all the cleaner ang gunk out, it ran pretty smooth. the exhaust was real black too for a little bit, then cleared up. i did notice that it ran better.it was worth it to me. just remember to replace the thottle body gasket.

AccordNut
01-03-2005, 01:31 PM
where did you get the cleaner? whats the name of it...sounds like something i should really do

ACE_14
01-03-2005, 01:41 PM
i bought it at autozone, its intake and throttle body cleaner, i forgot the name of the one i used. you should be able to pick some up at just about any auto parts store, and their not that expensive. just don't forget the gasket!