PDA

View Full Version : fugging ass brakes

Koopsta
01-02-2005, 05:44 PM
Im not to technical in this area but my problem is my brakes.Everytime i brake i get that metal scraping sound. Now does this mean i need new pads or what? :huh:

Mac
01-02-2005, 05:50 PM
More than likely you need pads. If you are going to do the brakes yourself check the rotors also. If you are hearing a scraping noise you might have already cut into the rotors. You can have them turned if there is enough left on them or just replace them also. It would be best to remove each wheel and look at all the brakes.

Neuspeed87lx
01-02-2005, 06:24 PM
yeah it sounds like you need pads... and at the least machine the rotors .... when i do brakes on my cars i usually replace the rotors anyway because i can get new pads and rotors for a total of 60 bucks... and its not hard to do brakes at all

HondaBoy
01-02-2005, 10:57 PM
that does sound like your pads are worn out. how long has this been going on? and have you noticed squeeking before it has gotten as bad as it is now? if its been going on a long time its quite possible you'll need new rotors. like Neuspeed87lx said, the parts are cheap. if you dont know how to do the replacement on the brakes, hopefully you might know a good mechanic that doesnt charge much. also, do you notice the car shaking under hard braking? that would most times be a warped rotor, it is in my case.