PDA

View Full Version : Homemadeturbo's HomemadeITBs

Sabz5150
01-02-2005, 05:49 PM
Wow. Something like this might be in my 3g's future. Thanks HMT!!!

http://www.homemadeturbo.com/tech_projects/itb/index.html

Civvy
01-02-2005, 06:47 PM
SWEEEEEET! Loven it! There's guys in the U.K. have started a trend for bike carbs in the same arangement. What would we do for EMU?

Hash_man_Se_i
01-02-2005, 07:12 PM
I'll take these.... mmmmmm toda.... http://www.kingmotorsports.com/images/products/toda_sports_injection_kit_3.jpg

Sabz5150
01-02-2005, 10:07 PM
That is a great piece, but do you really want to pay that much? Moreover, do you want to pay that much for something you will be taking a drill to?

adams86lxi
01-02-2005, 10:15 PM
That is a great piece, but do you really want to pay that much? Moreover, do you want to pay that much for something you will be taking a drill to?

lol, thats true! Id feel horrible redrilling the holes so it fit on my car after how much its worth!

Hash_man_Se_i
01-03-2005, 04:14 AM

Hahaha... sooo true, I don't mind the first part... but the second part of that question really bothers me, but hey... we'll see when the time comes, I'm thinkin of an NA beast w/ high compression.

Vanilla Sky
01-03-2005, 04:42 AM
honestly, drilling holes in anything is nothing... even something that is that spendy... think of all the people that go out and buy a brand new NSX just to strip it down and race it? well, not many do it, but it does get done...

and the HMT ITB setup is a great idea... i've had that link bookmarked for like a year, maybe more...

Justin86
01-03-2005, 08:15 AM
ha I just read that in Honda Tuning

smufguy
01-03-2005, 08:20 AM
ha I just read that in Honda Tuning

yeah i was gonna say that too. The HT did a much cleaner job.

Sabz: i think that link is like 2 yrs old or something. I remember seeing it when they first redid their website couple of years back or something. also, i would much rather weld mine rather than use rubber couplers.

ps: arent those off a gsxr or a hyabusa??

88accordalltheway
01-03-2005, 08:29 AM
lol, thats true! Id feel horrible redrilling the holes so it fit on my car after how much its worth!
haha, hey adam, just come over to my house in the summer and well do it ;)

nappyroots827
01-04-2005, 09:16 PM
hey, well, i saw this thread the other day and thought it was pretty interesting but too much out of my range of money and time, but then i went on a thinking spree and found a really cheap and easy solution for all 3geez members...well, we obviously have access to an 88-89 intake manifold, and they come with dual runners, the secondary butteryflies run on one individual linkage, which is great, now u can just take this manifold, remove the center piece with the butterfly assembly, hack off the other ports....then cut off the flange of the manifold but keep the injector ports...just weld some pipes from the butterflies to the runners and then rig up your throttle position sensor, and throttle cable, and your done....but with this you only would need one throttle cable because all 4 butterflies operate on a single linkage...im not saying ive done this or it would definately work, but doesn't it sound logical...her is a picture of what im talking about incase anyone isn't sure...
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/639000-639999/639967_17_full.jpg

smufguy
01-04-2005, 09:40 PM
well trust me, that is not gonna give u any change in power. Why? since the secondary runners are small to begin with and they are on a seperate runner than the square ones ur looking at. Also, the butterflies that go on there are not circular, they are oblongue since they are closed at an angle. Not much travel. U cant rig up a TPS to it since the tps needs a zero degree reference point where it actually tells the ecu its position such as 30 deg, 45 deg or 60 deg opening depending on the throttle pedal depression. The travel on these secondary butterflies are limited to a mere 40 deg if i can guess correctly and u will be loosing a lot of power since there wont be any WOT. and if ur gonna rig up the tps to read WOT at the max opening of these butterflies, then once it closes it wont be at zero and it will screw with ur idling. So yeah ur idea of ITBS jsut got shot. ALso, u need to figure out how to deal with hooking up the vaccuum lines too and ur IAC and ur fast idle valve.

PS: that is my pic ur looking at and i have no clue how the car domain logo got on there. hm....... hope no one is using it as their own. not that it matters to me......

nappyroots827
01-04-2005, 09:58 PM
well it was just an idea, i was searching around the site and saw that pic of the secondaries and that though came across me, sounded like a good idea but i guess its not gonna work...and yeah, i borrowed ure pic for my post, had to host it on cardomain for me to post it...anyways, so much for that

smufguy
01-04-2005, 10:14 PM
one of the other ways to do it is to do it using Motor cycle ITBS from the GSXR or Hyabusas. They are common parts since they are bigger throttles. I mean, anyone using this will have to spend some time, money and defenitelly cannot be mehanically inclined.