PDA

View Full Version : How Does This Set Up Sound?

MIK3
01-02-2005, 10:26 PM
NGK V-Power Spark Plugs

Magnecor 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires

MSD 3 Blaster Ignition Coil

I already have the plugs, picking up the wires and coil in the near future.

Does that set up sound ok and safe to run, or does anyone have suggestions?

HondaBoy
01-02-2005, 10:45 PM
this is specs for blaster 2 and 3
Output Voltage: 45,000 Volts Maximum
Operating Voltage: 12VDC
Primary Resistance: 0.7 Ohms
Secondary Resistance: 4.7K Ohms
Turns Ratio: 100:1
i really dont know what the main differences are between these two coils are, possible the blaster 3 has a higher constant voltage? either way i think that is nice to start with. the wires are good, they'll last longer, and the plugs are good for this. they can handle a lot, i know people with even hotter ignitions that use the V powers and always reccomend those. they are fairly cheap and in my experiences dont wear out rapidly, unlike bosch platinum and auto lite's i've used. i personally use the V powers running with the blaster 2 coil and 8mm wires.

A20A1
01-03-2005, 12:24 AM
The blaster 3 isn't any better then the Blaster 2, it just has a longer tower to prevent arching. I personally like:
ACCEL 140001 SUPER COIL (http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=ACC%2D140001&N=110&view=4095)

I've used the Blaster 2, Accel Super Stock, and super coil... I like the super coil more. They all work good and only a fair amount of testing would make any difference out of them. Plugs and wires and how you hook up the coil to how much voltage you're putting out is going to effect the coils performance.

I use BOSCH +4

and a Custom 8mm set of ACCEL wires.