PDA

View Full Version : my passenger door won't open

89cordlx
01-03-2005, 03:35 PM
I wasn't exacly sure where to post this, I figured general works best. Here is the story. The passenger door wouldn't shut right one night, and I felt and looked around to see if anything was in the way. I didn't see anything, and with a firm slam the door shut properly. I reach my destination, and when my girl tries tom get out of the car, the door won't open, I got out and tried to open it from the outside and it didn't budge. Any quick ideas on what's happpened?

AccordNut
01-03-2005, 04:46 PM
i remember this happened to me once, fortunately for me the problem un-fixed itself after a while...my only advice would be to take off the cover to the inside handle and inspect it, make sure your lock is unlocked, toggle the lock a few times to make sure, then hold the handle open and ram the shit out of it from the inside and you might get your door free and it might be ok from there...if not i dunno what to tell you. good luck

biloyp
01-03-2005, 06:27 PM
Not sure if anything is made of plastic in there but hopefully u did not bust something. When u try and open it from inside is it really loose or tight or what. Can u provide more info on what happens when u try and open from inside handle and outside handle and how it feels when u do that.

accordlxi2.0
01-03-2005, 06:36 PM
i think when you kept shutting it...the door latch thingy was already in a closed position...that happened to me once.