PDA

View Full Version : accord aerodeck

nhgu1dry05
01-04-2005, 12:15 PM
damn those 3rd gen aerodecks look nice. does ne1 know i can get one?

NXRacer
01-04-2005, 12:32 PM
go to europe

86LXItooFAST4me
01-04-2005, 12:37 PM
:bong:

nhgu1dry05
01-05-2005, 09:14 AM
what r they only in europe?

NXRacer
01-05-2005, 09:34 AM
I dont know if anybody but Honda knows why they only made the Aerodeck for europe. Or why the USDM accords are the only ones with flipups besides the aerodecks.

epic1400cs
01-15-2005, 04:52 PM
About the Aerodeck, at that time the California Honda design team wanted 4 door sedan, 2 door coupe and 3 door hatch for US market because they didn't want to change the image of 2G Accord which was big success for Honda at that time. Japan Honda design team wanted 4 door sedan and 3 door Aerodeck (looks like Civic 3 door hatch) cos in Japan 2G accord was failier and wanted to give totally new image to the buyers. Those two teams did not agree to each other over the 3 door design. Finally the president of Honda Mr. Kume at that time made very clever choice - making two different type of 3 door model. So we have 3 door hatch in USDM and Aerodeck in JDM. Then they decide to export Aerodeck to Europe rather than 3 door hatch. I have read this in a book on 3G Accord written in 1986.

For flipups, all US model, all Japan model and Aerodeck in Europe has retractable light. In other words, only the European 4D model has fixed light. I dont know exactly why it is but they say Honda thought European market take 4D model as conventional saloon therefore retractable light wouldn't be suitable.

88accordalltheway
01-15-2005, 05:34 PM
I have read this in a book on 3G Accord written in 1986.
what is the book called? i wanna read it, and im sure other would like to also.

epic1400cs
01-16-2005, 04:49 AM
what is the book called? i wanna read it, and im sure other would like to also.

Ok, here is the detail of the book but mind you this book is written in Jpanese and out of print.

'NEW Accord', written by Aritsune Tokudaiji, published by Kohbunsha (Japan), 1985, ISBN 4334701892

It is a post card size vey small book. I have bought this one as 'Used' on Amazon.co.jp and send it over to UK. If you dont read Japanese, still there are a lot of photos of our car in Honda test course, some pictures of JDM optional parts which will be entertaining enough. In the book Tokudaiji, who is regarded as best car critic in Japan, argues both design and technical aspect of our car in detail with favour. Also he wrote the brief history of Honda motor company and some contextual back ground how our car was born. I might be able to up load some of the scan image of it at some point if copy right shit allows.

thegreatdane
01-16-2005, 10:14 AM
Never mind copyright this serves a bigger purpose :) If you get doubts about it afterall just send it to paul_aerodeck, the russians doesnt give shit about copyright, lol

88accordalltheway
01-16-2005, 11:04 AM
hey guys check this out:
http://homepage3.nifty.com/coupcamper/Acura10.html

I found it after a little bit of google searching
i guess this guy is a pretty avid writer on the accord.