PDA

View Full Version : Loss Of Accelleration Whe I Hit The Gas

dc2typ3r
01-04-2005, 03:55 PM
Ok well im driving an 89 honda accord till i can afford a new car and I have changed the carbearator and spark plugs and cap and rotar and that seemed to not fix the problem so I changed the fuel filter (the small one not the main one) and that fixed the problem for a little bit but after a week it started to do it again...any suggestions on what might be going wrong

Description on what's happening
I start my car (I even let it warm up) Whenever I hit the gas it feels like its starving for gas cuz its hear it do nothing then catches and starts moving but if you slowly push down on the accelerator it doesn't bog but you have to lightly push down on it so it doesn't bog down I mean it runs and doesn't die when I stop just it has this problem any suggestions? Thank you

HondaBoy
01-04-2005, 05:35 PM
did you ever retune the carb? sounds like it could be running rich, was in my case. maybe a vacuum line? that was also why i ran too rich.

buzzbomber88lx
01-05-2005, 09:55 AM
change the o2 sensor. I lost all my knowledge of carbs when I swapped to efi, but I think the o2 sensor changes the a/f mixture on the carbed cars too. also if you havent done it yet....flip the air cleaner lid

dc2typ3r
01-08-2005, 08:09 AM
replaced the carb but it did the same thing but I switched the fuel filter and it rain good for a week then it did the same thing..... I bought another carb at a junk yard they said it was good i don't see how it good be bad also.... :\

A20A1
01-08-2005, 09:08 AM
It may need a float adjustment...
It could also have a vacuum leak from the gaskets or from a vacuum line.

As for running rich it I don't think that's the problem... it sound more like there is a fuel gap where you aren't getting enough fuel... possibly the accelerator pump isn't working or is clogged.

It's usually better to do a rebuild on the junkyard carb before swapping it.

A20A1
01-08-2005, 09:16 AM
Click on the link below and scroll the page to the bottom to see how to clean out the float bowl, it could be dirty.
*** CLEAN AND OR REBUILD YOUR CARB *** (http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=5350)