PDA

View Full Version : Could use a rough estimate on new engine

w261w261
01-04-2005, 07:31 PM
I have a Se-i which is almost stock (except for the Bilsteins/Eibachs), and is in really nice shape. I have a great sentimental attachment to it, and I have more money than time. I was wondering if someone would have a ballpark figure on how much it would cost to get me from the current 120hp up to 175hp or so. The car is used as a semi-daily driver and I like the stock look and appreciate the dependability/driveability, I just would like an extra 50 hp. I imagine this would involve a new engine, clutch, radiator, exhaust system, and whatever else would be appropriate. I would like to make it as simple as possible, e.g. leave the car with whomever is doing the job, let him do his thing, and pick it up when it's done, *completely done*, and all sorted out.

Is there a person/shop like this on the east coast? I've read the various posts involving a JDM swap, and this would be fine, as long as it could pass CT emissions. I think I'd want someone who did this for a living, and had done it all before with the 3G Accord, so he wouldn't have to either reinvent the wheel, or go to school on my car. I'm thinking that a good job would cost at least $7 or 8k, but maybe I'm low.

Any comments would be appreciated. And Happy New Year to all.

Hal

AccordEpicenter
01-04-2005, 08:45 PM
well youre asking alot. You could concievably do this all motor with a B20a, or with a low boost a20a... Itd probably be easier with emissions to go all motor but itd be easier and cheaper to do a low boost a20a. I just know somebodys gonna say to use Nitrous but i feel its hard on parts and filling up the bottle gets expensive. I dont really know anybody who messes with 3gs for a living... there are a few civic guys around but most of em dont know shit about this car.

Oldblueaccord
01-05-2005, 01:25 AM
Well you might wanna check your emmissions laws and see if you can do a motor swap at all. I would do a lotta research check arround for a good tuner shop maybe in NYC even. I gotto car shows alot for my ideas and to see "whos got it going on" word of mouth really helps out. Drag races are another place to get good info on shops.

I have a 2nd idea to the H22 swap maybe you can do a little leg work for us.
Pretty sure the B16 intake manifold will bolt up to our A motor. Might wanna call Jackson Racing. They sell really nice supercharger kits that are CARB legal. Really nice setups guys been in business a longtime very well known. 100k mile warrenty. They sell them for Civics,Preludes all the popular motors Honda makes. There usually priced around 3 grand or less.

Your not alone I dig my car enough to keep it just gotta find the time to get it done.

wp