PDA

View Full Version : shiftplates

segahekui
01-04-2005, 10:43 PM
does anyone know what other shift plates fit our cars? like the ones with the grooves cut in, i dont really dig the shift boot and i wanted something like this
, but i cant seem to find it.http://www.act-labs.com/productimages/282_L.jpg

HondaBoy
01-04-2005, 10:49 PM
yeah, i always loved that look. old italian cars usually have them like that. anyway, no not from what i know can you get one like that for a 3gee. i'd say you'd have to get it custom made. guess you could get a machine shop to cut some SS plate or aluminium plate, then cut the path to match the exact shift pattern. i think that would look great.

sporkHSP
01-05-2005, 07:27 AM
ive thought about it, and i may be working in a machine shop this summer... ill see if i cant figure something out.

segahekui
01-05-2005, 10:34 PM
that sounds kool, yeah i was thinking of making one myself, i gotta see what i come up with as well

bobafett
01-06-2005, 10:13 AM
that would be reaaaaaaly easy to make in cad/cam program, but depending on shifter throw (ie i have custom short shifter, so i would need a different plate that some of you guys)... but all you have to do is measure a few times, and figure out the design you want for the base. i could probably build one in CAD in a snap.

segahekui
01-06-2005, 11:03 AM
yeha i figure it should be pretty easy to make.. its not that complicated of a design, i just dont have a way to cut metal.. i was thinking of maybe doing fiberglass or something that i could cut with a router.

bobafett
01-06-2005, 11:14 AM
i would get someone to draw it up in cad, shouldnt cost much to get one made out of 1/8" steel. and then you could paint it. aluminum would probably be spendy though

sporkHSP
01-06-2005, 04:46 PM
you just have to measure the shifter distances, and design it to screw into the console... also, i would think you need something to cover the spaces you are not using...

w00tw00t111
02-25-2005, 10:31 PM
yeha i figure it should be pretty easy to make.. its not that complicated of a design, i just dont have a way to cut metal.. i was thinking of maybe doing fiberglass or something that i could cut with a router.
I think this would be the easiest and most cost efficent. Get a piece of 1/8 or 1/4" piece of wood or plexi-glass. Make a template out of cardboard and trace it on to the final media. Cut it out with a router or roto-zip. Actually shouldn't be to terribly hard. We should try it!

smufguy
02-28-2005, 07:40 PM
i dont know how much use a shift gate (gated shift) would be like the ferrari and lambos. Ours move very little towards the boot area and the ferrari and lambos have their ball sitting lower and have a higher console giving it a short shifter look and hence the throw is longer on them. WE can do it on ours, given the fact that the shifter is lowered or the panel raised up. BUt with the stock location, i think the shift gate would look real wacky with the groves for the shifter to go thru for the gears being real small. But i guess its worth a try.