PDA

View Full Version : *RANT* This is why i hate my Firestone mechanic

sporkHSP
01-05-2005, 06:45 AM
I cracked my starter housing around the lower bolt hole, (i should have torqued it properly, but i didnt care anymore when i put it on after the tranny swap) so anyway, i need it fixed in a hurry, and its rainy and really cold here, so i send it in to the Firestone shop like 2 blocks from my house.
They call me this morning and tell me that they need the bolts for it, and I'm like "ok... they're on there" and the guy tells me that there were no bolts on the starter when it came into the shop... which is impossible, since i looked at them yesterday, and the friggin starter broke around one of the bolt holes, so I know the bolt was in there! so anyway, I give him the bolt dimentions thanks to Paul's shop manual, and i go and grab my big bag of Honda bolts to see if i have more, which i do. Then he calls me to say that they found them, and they "must have fallen out". WTF! NO! Your mechanic dropped em and told you that he never saw them.
This is the same shop that told me i needed to replace my carb when i had the rusted fuel line problem (the one that is under warrenty from Honda)...
I watch every thing they do, which is stupid since my parents dont seem to care at all. they would have paid $8 a piece for the bolts if the shop told them that they needed to. grrrrrrr its 8:45, i went to bed at 6:15 after working all night, and I have been up for 45 minutes dealing with this BS, goodnight.

sorry for the rant

od2681
01-05-2005, 09:06 AM
man firestone sucks....your not the first person who has said bad crap bout them

AccordEpicenter
01-05-2005, 10:01 AM
i bet the starter was cocked when you put it in... i bet it wasnt a torque problem. You might be able to JB weld the ear back on the starter if its not too bad

sporkHSP
01-05-2005, 02:59 PM
im just getting a new one, the ear is cracked all the way through, and Im not up for messing with it in the rain... plus i was supposed to leave for school in chicago today...