PDA

View Full Version : Fiberglass enclosures???

sporkHSP
01-05-2005, 07:22 AM
have any of you experamented with fiberglass enclosures, Im thinking about 2 infinity 10's, one on each side of the trunk either against the wheel wells or in the back corners of the trunk... i have a few different ideas, just curious if any of you have played around with this. Im a car audio noob, so any input is appreciated.

Ludi Mali
01-05-2005, 04:58 PM
i was thinking about those spots in the back corner for my 2 12's, but i was gonna make it out of wood. The problems was its such and odd shape and to get the dimensions right for a ported box was too hard. On the fiberglass end, its great for show and a lot of stuff you can do with it. On the downside i never liked it for sound quality and it takes a hell of a long time to make anything(read months).

3rdgeneration
01-05-2005, 09:35 PM
i tried it out http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/341946/6

sporkHSP
01-05-2005, 11:23 PM
im thinking either alittle more forward than that, and having the subs mounted more parallel to the floor ( i have a photochop or the support outlines) or in the back corners facing upwards at an angle... Im trying to figure out placement and aiming based on what will sound the best... and i dont want a big wood box, i want to be able to fold the seat down and carry long items.

Ludi Mali
01-06-2005, 03:29 PM
i was gonna put them so that the rear of the sub would be facing the corners where the brake lights are and the sub would be firing towards the cab.