PDA

View Full Version : My accord

89bumblethumper
07-31-2002, 08:45 PM
Here are some pics of my 89 Accord LX-i Hatchback.

As you can see it NEEDS exterior work...but VERY little interior work. I would love to get everything buffed out

now that the interior is all done...time for the engine to be worked on. headers, intake, exhaust, possible swap.

any critique is welcome

http://server7.hypermart.net/cutlass/bumblethumper/Front%20End.jpg

http://server7.hypermart.net/cutlass/bumblethumper/Interior%20Driver.jpg

http://server7.hypermart.net/cutlass/bumblethumper/Driver%20three%20quater.jpg

TeKKnoTeKK
07-31-2002, 10:24 PM
Nice ride man....I don't really care too much for the yellow cuz to me yellow=rice but everything looks nicely done. Looks like your car has some potential. Did you do the interior yourself?

89accordhb
07-31-2002, 11:42 PM
Looks nice. I'm not a big fan of the yellow either, but it is a nice start.

pimp86LX
07-31-2002, 11:48 PM
ya thats a ton-o-yellow but whatever floats yur boat a suppose

btw nice front windshield banner!!!

Twisted 87lxi
08-01-2002, 12:35 AM
However i'm not all too into yellow, I really don't think it is what color it is but how you use it. It looks pretty good but in my own opinion i'd drop all the beige carpet to black and paint up some other interior pieces (ex. air vents, panel under steering wheel, etc...and drop the ricey floormats....maybe replace em w/ custom diamond plated metal floor mats) and you'd be getting into nice show car quality. Looks great so far though, keep it up

A20A1
08-01-2002, 01:20 AM
I love the door pannels :)

My Opinion if I were to make a show car, I would use 3 colors:
1-Primary Base color (ex. decide between a Dark color or light color)
The majority of the exterior and interior should be this color

2-Secondary Color (ex. Yellow with dark primary color. red blue and green could match with both a dark or light primary color)
Some parts of the exterior and interior should be this color... this sort of brings life to everything and keeps the car from looking too plain.

3-A third color to draw attention (chrome, silver, gold, vibrant yellows reds and blues)
used in graphics, emblems, rims, trim
and on engine parts.
Don't over do it with the 3rd color... it's a 3g not a harley
:D but then if you like that sort of thing then go for it.

Red88Hatch
08-01-2002, 02:36 AM
first off, Very Clean Ride! :D i can tell you put a lot of time money and effort into your car, very cool man. I do agree with the yellow part, should of gone with red :lol but thats my own opinion. I still love what youve done and when you get the money you should get those diamond cut floor mats, they would help (also the black carpet too)
Couple question for you:
1. how did you color the visors? (like paint or carpeting or fabric of somekind?)
2. What kind of paint did you use to paint the doors with?
3. How much did that boot cost for the shifter, and where did you get it??
-Lance

YK86
08-01-2002, 02:37 AM
I'm not a fan of yellow BUT you did a very nice job on the interior. I like the black/yellow blend. It was already mentioned but I would finish it off by getting rid of any beige you have left. For the exterior, I would take off those yellow stickers.

MiGeY
08-01-2002, 07:54 AM
Looks good man :D
Personally would have used a different color but it was done very well :)

89bumblethumper
08-01-2002, 08:13 AM
he Beige carpet...IS GOING...soon as i get money for it...$130 aint that bad for it.

I admit...im not the GREATEST fan of yellow...but i just love how yellow/black clash together...Red would be nice...but im notgoing to do it all over again...hahaha

89bumblethumper
08-01-2002, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Red88Hatch

Couple question for you:
1. how did you color the visors? (like paint or carpeting or fabric of somekind?)
2. What kind of paint did you use to paint the doors with?
3. How much did that boot cost for the shifter, and where did you get it??
-Lance

1.The visors are just painted with Dutch Boy paint...matched to the shirts the Chase-Pitkins peeps wear...BRIGHT yellow.
2. The doors are painted with Painters Touch paint (Black) and the Yellow is Folk Art Fabric paint
3. The Shifter Boot.......Made it myself...so it cost like.....$2 Just some White Marine Vinyl painted with Krylon Spray Paint.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
08-01-2002, 01:04 PM
NICE LOOKING RIDE DUDE!! 3GEEZERS ROCK!! DO U HAVE ANY SOUND?

MyGarbageLXi
08-01-2002, 02:05 PM
whatd u use to paint the seats??? u take them out to do it???

Maydnaella
08-01-2002, 04:34 PM
wo-hoa! That is looking good!! Needless to say I'm with everyone on the yellow thing but it also depends on the final result. Yellow might just be the thing. :) wow...i love it.

DrMunky
08-01-2002, 05:55 PM
Car looks very nice man. Yellow looks very good in there despite what some people would have you believe. Nice job.

Dman87LX
08-01-2002, 06:49 PM
Car looks great, personally i like the color scheme..if you get rims that expose the brakes drums\calipers u should paint them yellow
itd look good..just my 2 cents:bandit:

pimp86LX
08-01-2002, 06:58 PM
yah the yellow does contrast very well with black even if its not the colour of preference.

btw.. i noticed the rust round the rear wheel well...how are ya goin about cleaning that up? I am in the process of de-rustifying my car and i have had really really good results with short strand fibre glass and spot putty

P.S. the black paint job makes 3g's look bitchin

89bumblethumper
08-01-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by pimp86LX
yah the yellow does contrast very well with black even if its not the colour of preference.

btw.. i noticed the rust round the rear wheel well...how are ya goin about cleaning that up? I am in the process of de-rustifying my car and i have had really really good results with short strand fibre glass and spot putty

P.S. the black paint job makes 3g's look bitchin

I have no clue as to how im going to fix it...due to the fact that i have NO body working skills or knowledge...i was hoping to see how much it would cost for the body shop to do it, or if there was a junkyard that might have the parts...

But how do you do your "de-rusting" ??? e-mail me with your process... [email protected]

89bumblethumper
08-01-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
NICE LOOKING RIDE DUDE!! 3GEEZERS ROCK!! DO U HAVE ANY SOUND?

yeah i do... http://209.151.81.66/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4057 check that out for my set-up

MyGarbageLXi
08-02-2002, 05:07 PM
Wicked Stereo bro!!!!, still curious about those seats, u use upolstry paint??

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
08-02-2002, 05:25 PM
THAT IS SMOKIN!!! LOOKS FACKING GREATTTTT!! KEEP UP THE GEWD WERK DUDE!! I LIKE THE YELLOW

89bumblethumper
08-02-2002, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by MyGarbageLXi
Wicked Stereo bro!!!!, still curious about those seats, u use upolstry paint??

Nope...they are just $28 seat covers from Advanced....there might be a possibly upolstry to them later though...cause im starting to get holes...

Dman87LX
08-03-2002, 04:20 PM
I did body work for my old camaro... came out good, i just used power drill with wire brush bit to grind off the paint in the area where the rust is, then put some type of acid\metal prep stuff that eats the rust, turns it black then u put body filler putty over it, smooth it out,grate it and let it dry, sand really well, add primer then paint... luckily the car i did needed a paint job anyway or itd be a pain in the ass having maacco color match the paint for a small section. new paint looks bad next to old..it blotches.

ChronoDX87
08-03-2002, 09:59 PM
Nice job with ur ride.. lol.. i actually got about the same.. paint job.. only mine its black and gray... and i got the same seat covers to... they cost me 25 each.. they say.. .Elegant Right ? ... cool.. very nice job.. congrats thumbs up :super:

My 89 Accord Lxi
08-07-2002, 07:47 PM
the interior is so kewl i like the color too even thought not many others did its diffrent and looks kewl i was thinking about doing mine green with green neons and stuff or red but everyone has red oh well good job man