PDA

View Full Version : Car = F*cked!!! need help

Hash_man_Se_i
01-05-2005, 04:29 PM
So... I'm driving along, minding my own business going to my dad's house, and the roads were pretty damn icey, so I stayed in the less icey lane, the right hand lane. I had to turn left at the upcoming lights so i slow down a bit to change lanes, start changing.... and wow, my car goes sideways! :mad:

I lost complete control, front end hit the curb, back kept spinning, and hit a damn sign.

So... now i need a new front bumper to replace my 4 month old one, new rear right quarter panel, new exhaust system... bye bye remus... new rear bumper, and new trunklid.

Now, thats bad enough.... but hey, with my luck it gets worse now my car wont start, wont even shift out of park.

The car cranks a bit, but then nothing, and cranks for like a second when a turn the key and thats it... I have heard that the pressure from the exhaust pushing forward can crack the block... i sure as hell hope that didnt happen. Any help as to getting my car started would be great... she's my baby and she's been in the family for more then 10 years... and help getting her running would be awesome, thanks.

-Jason :mad: :thumbdn:

Elijah
01-05-2005, 05:09 PM
Hash do you got spark?

my86dx4dr
01-05-2005, 05:23 PM
3 thangs it takes,

Spark
Fuel
Air,

air wouldnt be the issue, -Eliminated
Fuel, check your fuel lines, Doubt this is the cullprit-
Spark, Like elijah said, check if you have spark at all.

Sorry about the car, Goodluck finding a rear Qp, go check the yards, here in oregon, if the rear qp is touched your car is tottaled... hell if your headlights go out your cars tottaled... hope you get er fixed

Hash_man_Se_i
01-05-2005, 10:58 PM
OK... I have had some success... the car is runnning... I just came home, and gave it a try, started right up!... Made some rear noises at first, and exhaust gasses seemed to be coming out between the manifold and the head. Shut the car off, started again and everything seems alright... well minus the dragging exhaust and body damage.

So, i'll start stripping her down tommorow, make a trip to pick ur part this weekend, and hopefully get her back on the road soon.

Sorry about the car, Goodluck finding a rear Qp, go check the yards, here in oregon, if the rear qp is touched your car is tottaled... hell if your headlights go out your cars tottaled... hope you get er fixed

I'll probably get a new one welded in... stupid part is, my sister was rear ended in this car just over a year ago and the same quarter had to be replaced.