PDA

View Full Version : Coil issues maybe?

Underdog
01-07-2005, 04:53 PM
Hey guys,
I installed my MSD Blaster 2 coil the other day, and now I'm having a couple issues that I think are related to it. First, when the engine is idling, and i turn on the headlights, sometimes the RPM drops like 50RPM, just enough to be able to hear a difference. This only happens sometimes, and isn't very consistent. The second thing is that when I go from park to reverse, if I have my lights on, the headlights as well as the lights on the gauge dim a little bit, not a whole lot, but noticeable. I wonder if maybe I did a crappy job of wiring it or something. On one of the terminals of the coil, I misplaced the little washer that's supposed to go on the terminal before the wires, and then the nut goes down on top of that. My friend told me it'll still work but might not make as good a connection. It does work, and I plan on getting another washer soon, but could just not having that washer be causing these problems?

DeathRat
01-07-2005, 04:57 PM
Hey guys,
I installed my MSD Blaster 2 coil the other day, and now I'm having a couple issues that I think are related to it. First, when the engine is idling, and i turn on the headlights, sometimes the RPM drops like 50RPM, just enough to be able to hear a difference. This only happens sometimes, and isn't very consistent. The second thing is that when I go from park to reverse, if I have my lights on, the headlights as well as the lights on the gauge dim a little bit, not a whole lot, but noticeable. I wonder if maybe I did a crappy job of wiring it or something. On one of the terminals of the coil, I misplaced the little washer that's supposed to go on the terminal before the wires, and then the nut goes down on top of that. My friend told me it'll still work but might not make as good a connection. It does work, and I plan on getting another washer soon, but could just not having that washer be causing these problems?
Dimming lights has nothing to do with ignition.....BUT! A rough idle may be though, especially a "miss". I would first check your battery ground connections to see that everything is clean & tight.

Underdog
01-07-2005, 05:00 PM
The only thing is that I haven't noticed this happening until I installed the coil. Although, after I do something to my car I usually notice a lot more small things that I haven't noticed before and think I did something to it, but actually were happening before I did whatever I did. The car seems to idle fine, it's just that when I turn the lights on it sometimes drops the idle a little sometimes.

3gn86lxi
01-07-2005, 05:56 PM
Underdog......turns out ALL my problems were related to my Accel coil. I think that those aftermarket coils are overrated. Put your old coil back on and see what happens, I'll bet the problem goes away. :alc: