PDA

View Full Version : People with customcarbons.com hoods

Jay's89Lxi
01-07-2005, 11:33 PM
Alright i posted this in someone elses thread about ebay cf hoods. I have had this hood for like a month now, when i first got it, it looked tight, now it looks almost like it has dents in it in a few places that werent there before. supposedly it was a grade a hood, has anyone had this same problem? i think if i can find a better quality i might just order a new one, cause it just aint happenin with the way it looks right now.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/spokedfleetwood

Mattphi
01-08-2005, 10:05 AM
as soon as tax returns come ill be getting a cf hood...i can let you know then

hondamanlxi
01-08-2005, 03:41 PM
no, they were always there, you just didnt notice....

HondaBoy
01-08-2005, 04:54 PM
what sort of dents are they? like over a large section, or like a ding. you should take a few pix and post them so we know exactly what your talking about. i've never heard anything like that about cf.

A20A1
01-08-2005, 05:06 PM
Would heat affect the resin?
Maybe it's just part of the manufacturing process... are they evenly spaced bumps? could be the vacuum process part... I forget.

3gn86lxi
01-08-2005, 05:50 PM
If you get a new hood Jay, I'll buy your old one. :D

Jay's89Lxi
01-08-2005, 05:52 PM
no, they were always there, you just didnt notice....

Naw,seriously,they weren't there before. When I first got it I checked it over and they werent there and trust me I would've noticed them. I'll post a pic of it next week when I get a use of a digital cam.

It could be from the heat, cause I noticed when I first popped the hood open after i drove it,the fiberglass on the engine compartment side felt flimsy compared to solide when it was cold.

Jay's89Lxi
01-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Would heat affect the resin?
Maybe it's just part of the manufacturing process... are they evenly spaced bumps? could be the vacuum process part... I forget.

No they are in diffferent spots, and I doubt it would be a vacumm process effect cause they just showed up.

If you get a new hood Jay, I'll buy your old one.

Alright man, you got first dibs if i decide to sell and get a new one!