PDA

View Full Version : Racing Seats

89AccordRust
01-08-2005, 12:52 AM
Ive got a pair of APC seats i had put in my other car. and i was just wondering how hard it would to put these beasts into the accord. With my previous car (ford probe) i needed to make brackets for it to fit.. so i was just wondering if thats what i need to do for accord.. or can i acctuly disassemble the factory seat and mod those sliders to the racing seat.. anyone have any info.. plz let me know.. thx! :)

buds302
01-08-2005, 08:31 AM
i took small tube steel and first made spacers for the seat so it would sit level. then i got a coupleof large bolts and nylock nuts to bolt them into the floor. the rason for te nyloc nuts is they hold up to the weather better than the steel ones. anyway i then drilled four holes and bolted it down. that mo-fo aint goin nowhere! its been in there for damn near 5 months and it hasnt moved yet. i did have to modify the sliders a bit but not to much.

bobafett
01-08-2005, 08:57 AM
just making brackets for the seats to bolt up to the stock mounts wouldnt be so bad, at least with an 86, but its my understanding that 87+ have different seat mounting methods, i know the sliders are way different. anyways, i would just make your own mounting brackets, which should be tolerable. OR go find out which real seat bracket will fit your seats, and buy the accord bracket. im sure corbeau makes a bracket for our cars, but you might have to modify the bracket and seat to get them to mate up. we did this on my friends 87 GTi and it wasnt too bad, about 2 hrs of fabwork and we got them mounted perfectly... ;)

buds302
01-08-2005, 09:02 AM
ive looked up and down the net for a seat bracket and cant find one you give me a site to get one and ill get it. also im looking for a harness bar. do i have to make my own or can i use the one sparco makes

bobafett
01-08-2005, 09:04 AM
http://store.yahoo.com/racing-seats/racing-seats-car-brackets.html

lol that was tough....
$78.50 per side. 86 is different than 87, is different than 88-89, thats gay

89AccordRust
01-08-2005, 03:34 PM
ok so i should make brackets for it hm. i thought that maybe u could take apart the seat and make it fit to the racing seat.. when i had the brackets made for the probe.. i had a shop do it.. cause im not good with that kinda thing.. cost me 75 bucks.. so.. u think thats the best way to go??

buds302
01-08-2005, 04:13 PM
yeah like 5 min. after i postd i found some. sparco makes them 55 bucks if im not mistaken. sparco part numbes0832 and 0833
http://www.cardomain.com/item/SPA832
http://www.cardomain.com/item/SPA833

89AccordRust
01-08-2005, 09:26 PM
is this bracket specificly for the sparco seats?? or can it be made to fit any seat?? is it at even all possible to remove the brackets from the current seat and put it onto the apc seat?? or is it to much of a hassel to do???

buds302
01-08-2005, 10:41 PM
using the stock bracket requires modification and is a pain. thats why i just bolted it to the floor. i only have one seat right now but i plan on buying the other one by the end of the month and im gonna try to do the sparco seat mounts. also it says that the seat adapter like the one with a bunch of 5's in it you need to bolt up the sparco seat. i dunno about other seats. i would buy one and see if it fits. then if it does tell me so i can do it and if it dont then send it back saying it dont fit.

buds302
01-08-2005, 10:44 PM
one more thing if you put other seats in then you wont have a seat belt buckle. but who needs those they are for pussys. real men go street racin with out them!! no j/king! but for now im using the passenger side buckle and until i figure out a harness bar its gonna stay that way

89AccordRust
01-08-2005, 10:51 PM
i dont know much about racing seats or anything.. so im kinda in the dark.. and in the dark about accords.. its my first honda.. so thats the reason im puttin them in.. i have them.. so i figured.. what the hell put it in anyways.. right? why have to waste.. but my floor in my accord is fairly poor.. so i dont wanna start goin into the floor.. i would rather have something made.. or modify something to fit? i wouldnt trust the floor would u??

buds302
01-08-2005, 11:20 PM
i dont know? when my fat ass falls through then ill look at other alternatives. until then ill settle for what i got. ill try to get pics with my new digital camera i got for christmas. but the last time i tried to post pics it didnt work out

Hash_man_Se_i
01-08-2005, 11:26 PM
Go for the sparco mounts... I am pretty sure most racing buckets can use the same mounts... And I believe that the sparco mounts might have the places to mount the factory seatbelt, as most people i know with buckets were able to retain stock belt mounting places... As soon as I fix my car... I want to get buckets soon after, and I'll definately use the sparco mounting brackets, as seats play a pretty important role in your cars safety.

buds302
01-08-2005, 11:36 PM
hey man how you doin on topshift this round?
i wanna know how the hell that in ten days people have a net worth of over 2 million

buds302
01-08-2005, 11:38 PM
the stock seatbelt buckles are mounted to the stock seat!!!! i was thinking they were mounted to the floor but i was wrong. that pissed me off when i found that out

Hash_man_Se_i
01-09-2005, 12:46 AM
hey man how you doin on topshift this round?
i wanna know how the hell that in ten days people have a net worth of over 2 million

I havent been on there for a long ass time man... maybe i'll start up again...

And about the buckles being on the seat, that messed... and stupid.

89AccordRust
01-09-2005, 01:32 AM
so order the sparco mounts and try to fabricate something so it will fit onto that?? as i said.. im not really good with metal and shit. so ill have to get a shop to do all this shit for me..or alternativly .. sell the seats

Hash_man_Se_i
01-09-2005, 04:05 AM
get the sparco rails... if needed, get a sparco 3pt harness for yourself.

bobafett
01-09-2005, 03:06 PM
ONLY buy a schroth rallye 3 harness if you are not buying a roll cage...
they are 300/pr but worth it since it will save your life...

its the only racing harness that wont kill you if you roll (without a cage)

also i know from experience that most manufacturers seats are different bolt patterns, so i APC seat may or may not fit a sparco bracket just because they exist, but i have heard somewhere that they are sparco knock offs, and if this is the case it may work out.

just make sure you get a bottom mount bracket if its a bottom mount seat. but if you have brackets made for your car its not too bad to redrill the holes in it so that the new seat will fit onto the bracket, i did it in my garage with nothing but a cordless drill and a few new bolts from the hardware store...

hondamanlxi
01-09-2005, 04:13 PM
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/373000-373999/373687_146_full.jpg

buds302
01-09-2005, 04:20 PM
what you do weld it in there?

89AccordRust
01-09-2005, 08:02 PM
i think that is a lil complex for me to start doing.. i dont have a welder either so.. i think the only way is to go shop.. or get someone who knows the hell is going on with brackets lol.. cause im lost as far as custom fits