PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyway to eliminate the EGR valve?

HC_LXi
01-08-2005, 12:53 PM
Hey guys i put a b16 mani and i dont have the egr plugged but the ecu now throw me a code.my question is is there a way to eliminate the egr to not throw a code.a way to manipulate the flow of the egr?

Elijah
01-08-2005, 12:56 PM
Hey guys i put a b16 mani and i dont have the egr plugged but the ecu now throw me a code.my question is is there a way to eliminate the egr to not throw a code.a way to manipulate the flow of the egr?

Just pull it off adn make little plates to bolt up to where it use to go. This is what I did and works fine but you do get a check engine light after about 5-10 minutes of driving

Elijah
01-08-2005, 12:57 PM
Sorry I just read your post over. I dont think you can eliminate the code

Mike's89AccordLX
01-08-2005, 01:03 PM
The only way to elimate that code is to get a jdm accord ecu. I suggest you have a plate made to block the egr port and maybe just put black tape over the check engine light. Or just unplug the light in the dash.

-Mike

A20A1
01-08-2005, 03:20 PM
I think what happens is the egr opens and then the ECU is waiting for the right signal from the O2 sensor saying it's okay to shut off the EGR again...
Well when you remove the EGR now there are no gasses to lower the temp and you getting more nox, the O2 keeps saying it needs EGR, I guess the ECU eventually gets the hint that the EGR isn't operating like it should and throws a code.

Oldblueaccord
01-08-2005, 11:49 PM
A long long time ago I got the bright idea to change my thermostat just cuz .Well of course the bolts broke off and i ended up pulling the housing and retapping the holes. When I put it back together I forgot that pipe that goes from the exhuast manifold to the EGR. I just cut it and plugged both ends with big bolts and high temp permatex. No codes no worries. The sensors still hooked up just the pipe aint piping.

Try hooking up the thing and zip tie it under the hood. I dont think it need exhuast gas to read just gotta read metal. Mines a 88 lxi.

wp

b20a86lude
01-11-2005, 06:08 AM
yea i was gonnaa say that to i l also have the b16 mani butin my b20a jsut plug up the egr wires and zip tie it and hide it thats whaty im doin :stupid:

NXRacer
01-11-2005, 08:59 AM
Justin(86) figured out how to fool the EGR and ECU into thinking its working, but its actually open all the time. You just have to tie a couple wires together. If he doesnt get to it first, i'll dig up the instructions on what you need to do.

88LXI
01-25-2005, 07:19 AM
what 2 wires do u need to connect to fool the ecu?

Low Tek
03-09-2005, 11:58 PM
anyone figure out what wires to tie into? I want to get rid of the egr

Strugglebucket
03-15-2005, 09:36 PM

zero.counter
03-15-2005, 10:52 PM
Clearing it over and over seems to be the only thing I have ever heard of or as stated before, using a JDM ECU...

ICEMAN707
03-16-2005, 03:20 AM

i'm guessing you just jump the two prongs on the EGR plug with a piece of wire and tape it securely. :dunno:

buds302
03-16-2005, 05:36 AM
just take the friggin bulb out! if it runs funny check the led light on the computer no need for no warning. cause if you get a check engine light and it still runs fine then usually its a wiring issue or an emmissions fault. but if your car is mussed up and runs funny you dont need no warning light to tell you shit aint right .....uh....duh!. the muther fucker aint runnin like its supposed to. ill check the computer! by the time the computer shows you the warning light its already fucked up aint it?

Low Tek
03-16-2005, 10:21 AM
hey.. thats great advice - pull the light and pretend it is not a problem... hmmm

baby D
11-10-2005, 05:06 PM
just take the friggin bulb out! if it runs funny check the led light on the computer no need for no warning. cause if you get a check engine light and it still runs fine then usually its a wiring issue or an emmissions fault. but if your car is mussed up and runs funny you dont need no warning light to tell you shit aint right .....uh....duh!. the muther fucker aint runnin like its supposed to. ill check the computer! by the time the computer shows you the warning light its already fucked up aint it?

damn it i want to know how to wire it, and im gonna find out, asap, how ever even if I took the bulb out it would just piss me off for having to do so, g damnit!!!!!:uh: :stupid:

b8er
11-10-2005, 09:14 PM
couldnt you just find a a20a4 car and use that ecu, i have a a20a4 in my 87 ex-i and it doesnt have any egr crap, runs just fine

wprocomp
11-10-2005, 09:23 PM
b8er think you could find me an ECU so I can pull this off without dealing with the lame as light being on all the time,I am tired of my egr screwing my idle...all it does is rev up an down up and down-but when I push in the diaphragm it stops so I figured I would just deleated the damn thing permenitly

b8er
11-10-2005, 09:36 PM
im in the middle of rebuilding an se-i motor so i dont have alot of spare time inbetween work and the motor but il definatly keep an eye out for one, to be honest , i dont even know if there any different , i just know my car runs just fine, aha, yea il keep an eye out but i just dont have the time to run to the JY to pull one

Strugglebucket
11-10-2005, 09:45 PM
about a month ago i blocked the egr on my a20a3 off by making a gasket and putting it in between where the egr pipe meets the intake manifold. i didn't touch any of the wiring or the valve and i have never had the ecu throw a code.

i did change plugs from BPR6 to BPR7.

A20A1
11-11-2005, 01:16 AM
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=34225

Accordtheory
11-11-2005, 09:35 AM
I assume you've solved this by now, all you need to do is leave the wiring connected, along with the vacuum line, and hide the stupid thing somewhere.
What am I, the only person who has ever read the factory service manual?
I've answered this question probably 10 times on here..
The valve has a lift sensor that will tell the computer if it's not moving, and then the ecu goes into that annoying high idle mode. you can't just connect some type of resistor, the valve needs to actually be able to move, hence everything remaining connected to it. If you had the stock IM, all you would have had to do is stick a piece of gasket in at the connection to the IM, blocking that pipe. 5 min fix.