PDA

View Full Version : motor sound in speakers

RiCANACCORD
01-08-2005, 02:33 PM
it actually sound cool since it seems to be turbo, but I can't hear my music, any tips?

I also need to know how to clean the air conditioner ducts. Any help will be highly appreciated. :hs:

accordlxi2.0
01-08-2005, 02:57 PM
your radio capacitor by the coil is probably not hooked up or is no good....

RiCANACCORD
01-08-2005, 03:10 PM
where's that ? :ugh:

MrBen
01-08-2005, 03:15 PM
Do you have a system or stock?

Elijah
01-08-2005, 03:15 PM
Try and ground it better and you should be good. I never heard of a radio capacitor

accordlxi2.0
01-08-2005, 03:29 PM
......well......in my manual that i had thats what they called it.

it's that lil' black box by the ignition coil.

HondaBoy
01-08-2005, 04:46 PM
nah, that's not really what a turbo sounds like. why do people always think that engine noise sounds like one? i would go through the wiring of your stereo and see if there's something not connected right or something. i've never had a problem with my speakers making that sound. seems like after people put an amp on that's when the problems start. i think its the alternator that causes the sounds. do you have an amp with your stereo?

88accordalltheway
01-08-2005, 06:40 PM
redo your wiring and check all connections on the speakers, hu, and (if you have one) your amp/cap. Ive run into this problem a couple of times and its usually been a bad connection or a really shitty hu that picks stuff up from the engine. good luck

'89AccordLX(Rus)
01-08-2005, 07:40 PM
BTW, the so-called radio capacitor is officially known as the radio condensor. It is located right by the coil and looks like a small black box with two wires coming out of it. If it is malfunctioning, you may hear engine noise from your speakers. If you have an aftermarket ignition system you may experience engine noise as well. Other than that, make sure all the connections are sound and that wires aren't running too close to possible source of "noise". As in don't run your signal wires next to your power wires. Hope this helps.

RiCANACCORD
01-08-2005, 09:51 PM
Thanks...
I actually have a Profile Radio, New Profile front & Rear Speakers, no amp. I will check the connections all over again, thanks very much guys !!
:thumbup:

87AccordsterLx
01-28-2005, 09:40 AM
It's probably going to be your power wire sending a signal to your speaker wires. This means that you need to seperate the power supply cable from any speaker wires by at least a couple inches. That always happens to people when they run sub wires also. You need to run the power wire on one side of the car and the speaker RCA's on the other for best sound.

sinracer
02-03-2005, 01:16 PM
if it is happening with the amps or any other accesorie with rca cables you can buy an rca filter ant most audio stores and you can also buy noise filters for your speakers.