PDA

View Full Version : check em out new 6x9

buds302
01-09-2005, 12:33 AM
i picked these up a couple of hours ago anybody got any thing to say?
http://circuitcity.com/shoppingcart.jsp?BV_EngineID=ccecadddidmijljcfngcf kmdffhdfif.0&QUANTITY=1&BV_SessionID=@@@@1434817093.1105258438@@@@&OID=68326&BV_UseBVCookie=yes

i also picked up a sweet set of 6-1/2" speakers for the doors.
they dont exactly offset the alpines but hey they are nice!!
thats funny i bought them at cc and they dont list them online.
oh well i guess they dont have enough room on their site for an 8 dollar set of speakers! haha! but my 8 dollar speakers will have to do since the ones i got in there now are way beyond shot!!! one of them dont work and the other goes in and out and i have to bang on the panel to get any sound out of it and its a reall nice bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzqeljvbhqoeurvoeyron 3iopvwec9pqf23tr02q9,3u7to08c1q32trhnuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzsssssssssssscccc cccccccccccccccccccccccrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttttccccccccccccccccccchhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
you know the sound. im gonna enter an audio contest with em think ill win?ever watch the movie car wash? the one with dr dre and snoop? remember the car that pulls up with the blown speakers blarin and the fu*ked up hydros? that car has a better soundin system than mine. i need to get a better set of subs. i got a 250 watt roadgear amp pushin two 15s in a truck box. the 15s are older that the car. the amp is on all the time cause i dont hook up the remote wire. on a hot day if you got the radio on for more than three hours you can hear the subs cut out cause the amp overheats! that shit happened to me on my way to new orleans. i was like :wtf: is with this shit? any way enough of my sob story any thoughts on the new addition? and any body know what the best amp and sub configuration is for the price. i dont want to be spendin 700 bucks on no stereo! i just want it to sound decent. for a low cost

HondaBoy
01-09-2005, 11:39 AM
well, i dont see the speakers. so the speakers you just bought are the good ones right? they didnt already blow did they. anyway, i always reccommend a box like i have. its a band pass box for a single 12 in sub. in my case, its about 200 watt rms or so, powered by a 500 watt amp that's bridged for its highest output. it bumps really nice. i'm sure if i got another sub put in there it might bump some more, but for just 1 12, it sounds really good. impresses people with they hear it. i dunno. anyway, i paid $150 total for the box and sub, its a crossfire cf3 12 in.

buds302
01-09-2005, 01:24 PM
here they are if you cant see them
http://www.circuitcity.com/IMAGE/product/enlarged/apn/EC.APN.SPS690A.JPG
alpine sps-690a
they are nice i just put them in a couple of minutes ago

HondaBoy
01-09-2005, 02:59 PM
how's do the tweeters sound? nice and clear. those look like pretty nice speakers. 250 watt max, so those would probley be able to handle an amp with a cross over or something. my amp that i have now has a cross over funtion, but you cant just turn it to one channel, its to all the chanels. dont know if you'd want to bother running them on an amp.

buds302
01-09-2005, 04:27 PM
at the moment if you didnt read it my amp is uhhhhh a little uhhhhh ITS A PIECE OF SHIT!!!!

HondaBoy
01-09-2005, 05:36 PM
well yeah, its a road gear amp. i meant something smaller though. although i guess you could have a higher wattage amp, like a 2 channel though, as long as it has a cross over. i got both my amps at the pawn shop. they still work good. gotta watch out for a F'd up one though if you do look at the pawn shop. are you just going to build up your system slowly, or are you getting more things soon?

buds302
01-09-2005, 06:21 PM
slow build up! i got credit cards to pay off and insurance to pay. cell phone,directv, and a fuckin 275 dollar speeding ticket!!!luckily i live with mom and pops and i dont have rent to pay.