01-10-2005, 11:26 AM
Its called turbo charged. Its all one word

Edit

MattsAccord
01-10-2005, 11:39 AM
Or maybe hes asking. Turbo or supercharger. :dunno:

POS carb
01-10-2005, 11:58 AM
neither really, it's 2 different ways of doing the same job. Force-feed the engine with a "fan". The supercharger spins the fan w/ a belt, the turbo does this with exhaust gas
Either way, what counts is the boost... some will argue chargers cause drag on the engine ( like it matters when you have 300 hp :rolleyes: ) while others will claim turbo's lag too much to spool up to speed. Supercharging is a lot less complex as far as maintenance

Elijah
01-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Well if your asking supercharger or turbocharger. I would have to say with this car turbo there is know supercharger for our cars.Im sure it can be done but there is alot of work there and un charterd turff. You can always make more hp with a turbo to.

AccordEpicenter
01-10-2005, 01:54 PM
turbos are more efficient and easier to upgrade

bobafett
01-10-2005, 06:08 PM
4 cylinders are more efficiently turbocharged,

v6, v8 etc are a lot better to supercharge in general, but turbo v8s are also badass...

you can do anything with enough money, but a high whp turbo system will usually be cheaper. ;)

RiCANACCORD
01-10-2005, 08:39 PM
thanks

sti is 4 cyl and is turbo so lets go turbo1

RobT5580
01-10-2005, 09:00 PM
Easier said than done. Its not something i would recomend unless you have money and knowledge(or a capable shop). If you half ass a turbo you will have a unreliable car and not be happy. So do your homework before you loose money and time.

RiCANACCORD
01-10-2005, 09:07 PM
http://www.racetep.com/weber/weberfi.html is this a carb to efi kit

Vanilla Sky
01-10-2005, 09:23 PM
yse, but that's for DCOE setups... single DCOE setups at that... for ease of setup, the injection swap from a 3gee is better... while a dual dual DCOE setup is nice, a lot of custom fabrication is involved...

Elijah
01-10-2005, 10:37 PM
Easier said than done. Its not something i would recomend unless you have money and knowledge(or a capable shop). If you half ass a turbo you will have a unreliable car and not be happy. So do your homework before you loose money and time.

Couldnt agree more. I say read about turbos for acouple months and ask as many questions as possible. Then decide if you still want one or not. What you will Im almost possitive.

A20A1
01-11-2005, 07:36 AM
RiCANACCORD, take a look at this thread... and maybe look at the links provides or pic up a book on turbocharging.

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=37169

Robs89LXi
01-17-2005, 07:35 PM
4 cylinders are more efficiently turbocharged,

v6, v8 etc are a lot better to supercharge in general, but turbo v8s are also badass...

you can do anything with enough money, but a high whp turbo system will usually be cheaper. ;)

Not disputing, just curious. Why do you say that 4 cylinders are more efficiently turbocharged (as opposed to supercharged)?

A20A1
01-18-2005, 02:52 PM
I believe it has to do with torque output... or low end torque.

In order to drive the belts the 4cylinder would already need a fair amount of torque on hand to drive the supercharger... the V8 dosn't have a problem with this.

IMHO

AZmike
01-18-2005, 04:18 PM
I believe it has to do with torque output... or low end torque.

In order to drive the belts the 4cylinder would already need a fair amount of torque on hand to drive the supercharger... the V8 dosn't have a problem with this.

IMHO

The supercharger on a smaller enginer will require less torque since it compresses less air in a given amount of time. Why does it matter how many cylinders you have?

Robs89LXi
01-18-2005, 04:29 PM
The supercharger on a smaller enginer will require less torque since it compresses less air in a given amount of time. Why does it matter how many cylinders you have?

This was my thinking also. The newer centrifugal superchargers seem to have very little drag on an engine, and with the gearing ratios they have, coupled with a four cylinders ability to rev up faster, seem like they would spool pretty quickly.