PDA

View Full Version : Axle broke twice in 4 days.. why??!!

POS carb
01-10-2005, 12:52 PM
My driver's side axle broke at the inner boot two times!
it broke Friday on a u-turn (to the left) and the replacement axle again today on a left-hand turn. The 1st was a month old, the other 3 days.

It basically threw the 3 round bearings out through the boot both times and I wasn't even abusing it!

WTF could cause this?

Vinny
01-10-2005, 12:54 PM
Broken engine mount. Check em out Eric.

AccordEpicenter
01-10-2005, 01:34 PM
yeah broken mount. Prolly either front or bottom mount

HondaBoy
01-11-2005, 11:48 AM
that's pretty much all it can be, unless its coicidence that both were bad. check those mounts, that's what i'd think also. its probley pulling on the axle putting more stress on it trying to stretch it around a turn. also, can that also be a cause on the right side axle? mine clicks now and then even though its not more than 3 years old. maybe my engine mounts are bad. its 18 year old car so that'd be somewhat expected.

Oldblueaccord
01-12-2005, 02:08 AM
When you install the shaft into the tranny you dont hit it with a hammer alot on the end?
This could jamm the joint and mess it up. Thats the only other thing I could think of. If here remans it could be just bad luck too.

wp

BlueBead
01-13-2005, 10:07 AM
could just be the cheap ass job they do on remanufacturing the axles. I had one blow the bearing casing in half. Fenco are the shitty ones up here

POS carb
01-21-2005, 06:50 AM
it was the lower mount missing :uh:

the new axle ain't going anywhere!!!! :lock:
and the shifter doesn't rock like it used to on acceleration

AccordEpicenter
01-21-2005, 07:09 AM
ive had that happen to me before. it helps to use threadlocker on those bolts