PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Yuu89LXi
01-10-2005, 01:18 PM
Hey, I've been here awhile... I've been meaning to introduce myself, but it's hard to find the time to post anything lately. This Board has been alot of help... I love the search feature... I can easily find people with the same troubles or questions on their cars. Most of the time there is a simple solution. I hope to contribute what I can as well...

I'll have to introduce myself and my car more later, as I am at work.

On a side note. I recently have had a leak problem... Water flooding my floor front and back on the drivers side... I've figured it all out etc. Moonroof trouble... It looks like that on has happened a few times to a few people here.
BUT,
I'd like to stress the importance of fixing this problem!
If you have a moonroof leak or any other leak the floods the bottom of your car, especially on the drivers side, you MUST fix this ASAP.
The ECU sits on the floor underneath the driver's seat, if this gets wet you can have serious issues! The ECU controls the Drivability and Emission of you car! If damaged, your car may not even run! The ECU is also hard to find as you must have on specific to the design of your car (or your car will run like crap), It is also expensive as it could cost you $50-200 or even $300 to replace it.

My car flooded, and being a bit of a newbie to my 3gee, I didn't realize the situation was so bad and my ECU flooded and the curcuits corroded. My car wouldn't run, and I had to borrow a vehicle to run around shopping for a new ECU.

Anyway, there is my $0.02

Thanks guy for all the help you didn't even realize you gave me. :)

MattsAccord
01-10-2005, 01:30 PM
Hey man where are you at in Northern Cali.

NXRacer
01-10-2005, 01:48 PM
Welcome to the board!! I had a HUGE problem with my old coupe and the sunroof. Love the thing, but hated taking a shower in my car after it rained. :mad:

Enjoy your stay! Lots of info for anything and everything you wanted to know about 3rd gens.

Yuu89LXi
01-11-2005, 11:50 AM
Thanks, and I'm from the Sacramento area, El Dorado County.

88accordalltheway
01-11-2005, 12:14 PM
welcome to the board, yeah i have the same problem, only i doubt if anyone can help me because my sun roof is aftermarket. :(

frankie89
01-11-2005, 04:02 PM
welcome bro... :welcome: :thumbup:

Yuu89LXi
01-12-2005, 02:39 PM
welcome to the board, yeah i have the same problem, only i doubt if anyone can help me because my sun roof is aftermarket. :(

All I could think is to make sure yourself that it is sealed up good and make your own drain holes/tubes.

Thanks again guys.