PDA

View Full Version : ECT / TW senor

fungy1977
01-10-2005, 09:17 PM
Hello, and thanks for taking a look at this issue.
I have a 89honda lxi that ran good for years. now i have a code 6. I know its the coolant tempature sensor (ECT/TW). I have replace both sensors in the thermastat housing with brand new ones from the dealer (Reason below) I cleared the codes as soon as I get the car to start I am back at square one with a code 6. I have the mitchel books from work the wire diagram tells me that the green-white wire and the yellow-green wire are for the TW switch. I think this is worng because if that true then itsgoing to the fan timer sensor (green sensor). I tried testiong these wires on my car the yellow-green wire goes to the ecu and the green-white goes to ground. Where I am stuck at when looking at the TW/ECT sensor the wires are white-blue stripe and a simple black wire. the black wire goes to ground the white-blue strip wire goes to the drivers strut tower to the two big circle connectors. I am unsure to where it goes.

Thanks for that help lolw

Oldblueaccord
01-12-2005, 02:19 AM
Hello, and thanks for taking a look at this issue.
I have a 98 honda lxi that ran good for years. now i have a code 6. I know its the coolant tempature sensor (ECT/TW). I have replace both sensors in the thermastat housing with brand new ones from the dealer (Reason below) I cleared the codes as soon as I get the car to start I am back at square one with a code 6. I have the mitchel books from work the wire diagram tells me that the green-white wire and the yellow-green wire are for the TW switch. I think this is worng because if that true then itsgoing to the fan timer sensor (green sensor). I tried testiong these wires on my car the yellow-green wire goes to the ecu and the green-white goes to ground. Where I am stuck at when looking at the TW/ECT sensor the wires are white-blue stripe and a simple black wire. the black wire goes to ground the white-blue strip wire goes to the drivers strut tower to the two big circle connectors. I am unsure to where it goes.

I think you mean 89 right?

Might help you get a response.

wp

Mac
01-12-2005, 05:09 PM
Well I think it goes like this: White/blue (actually should be White/green) and Black wire should be in a green connector and should be connected to the Green sensor which is the fan timer. The Yellow/green and Green/white wires should be in a yellow connector and connected to the TW sensor. If I am reading your post right, it looks like the connectors are backwards. Try pulling off connectors and hook them to the other sensor (switch connectors). Then pull fuse # 11 in the under the hood fuse/relay panel for 30 seconds. Put fuse back in and start the car and check for codes. If it doesn't help you can always switch them back.

fungy1977
01-12-2005, 09:53 PM
I can't thank you enough Mac. I feel so stupid the answer was right there in front of me. I had no idea that the two sensors had the same plug. Thanks again

Mac
01-13-2005, 08:32 PM
It's easy to get caught up and overlook something. Don't feel bad it happens to alot of us. Glad that it was an easy fix.