PDA

View Full Version : Bucking at part throttle. What's the fix?

rays89lx
01-11-2005, 06:10 AM
My '89 LX auto is bucking at light throttle. I've read a few posts on this and it seems to be a common problem. Has anyone had any luck in solving this problem? Any tips/tricks/advice you can give will be very helpful. It doesn't feel like a transmission problem, but I could be wrong. I've done a full tuneup with the exception of distributor cap and rotor (which will be done soon). Thanks in advance for your help.

A20A1
01-11-2005, 07:14 AM
Have a look at this thread, check your booster venturies...
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=8972

Michael Cote
01-15-2005, 07:50 AM
Make sure it isn't carb-ice if you live in a cold climate. If not then it sounds like a problem I had with mine. I had to run a power line from fuse box to that solinoid thing at back of carb. It would sputter at the RPM range you speak of when fully warmed-up. Worked fine when cold and under 3/4 to full throttle when warm. It took me a month to figure it out. That solenoid closes when key is turned off and/or when coasting above 20 mph when working properly. I had to hook a multy-meter to see it act up and narrow it down to the line to that carb solenoid. It's supose to be controlled by that computor under drivers seat. I just wired it with a quick-connect, fused line and on an accessary male connector on fuse box that is only energized when key is in the on position. Apparently there is some relay under drivers seat but I didn't bother with it I just hooked it up direct to fuse box as stated above. Replacing relay may be easier. I wasn't aware of it when I fixed mine. Check for pics of that carb solinoid on this 3 geez site. There are pics in there somewhere. Good luck, Mike