PDA

View Full Version : strong vibrations between 55mph-70mph

AccordNut
01-11-2005, 06:46 AM
this is slowly becoming annoying, and the vibrations seem to get stronger over time. ive noticed my left rear tire is wearing faster and getting bald on the inside portion. The wheels have been balanced twice since this has happened so i know its not that. any suggestions on what it could be?

truetune
01-11-2005, 06:52 AM
your CVs goin out or bad tie rod ends. back when my car was on the road went through new tires on the front every month for a lil bit it was cuz bad tie rod end. try gettin a front end alignment.

AccordEpicenter
01-11-2005, 07:21 AM
if the tire/wheel wont balance properly, the rim could be tweaked or the tire could have a messes up belt or somthin.

accordlxi2.0
01-11-2005, 07:23 AM
those vibratioons that you described i had too.
it was bad at 70-80mph..
then made it's way all the way down to 30mph.

it turns out the problem was my right side inner cv joint(which had rusted out)...that was basically in place by the boot...that was ripped.

AccordNut
01-11-2005, 10:01 AM
how much was that to repiar? i guess i could have the same problem i know mine have never been replaced and i used to drive my car like i was jeff gordon back in high school, haha

Oldblueaccord
01-12-2005, 02:15 AM
this is slowly becoming annoying, and the vibrations seem to get stronger over time. ive noticed my left rear tire is wearing faster and getting bald on the inside portion. The wheels have been balanced twice since this has happened so i know its not that. any suggestions on what it could be?

Left rear tire wear? no CV joints back there . Might have to get it aligned but I would bet the upper link, the joint, is bad.

Jack up the left rear end of the car and check it by grabbing the wheel at 6 and 12 o clock rocking it slowly at first see if there's any slop at all. Spin the wheel around try to see if its bent. You can replace that link pretty easy and get it realigned to check the rear toe.

wp

Blkblurr
01-12-2005, 05:20 AM
If your upper link is bad it is very dangerous to drive it that way. I know because I had one break at 70 mph. they are very easy to replace and you might as well do both sides. I paid $16 a peice at Advance Auto.

phoenxislayer15
01-12-2005, 01:33 PM
That's funny, my car rides better at 130 than at 55.

acranox
01-13-2005, 04:42 AM
I would start with the simplest possible solution which is an alignment.

shepherd79
01-13-2005, 01:19 PM
there could be multiple things going and causing that problem.
lets start with suspension first. if your tire is wearing out on the inside faster that means you have camber problem or toe problem. so you have to check the upper ball joint or tie rod. they are move replace them and get suspension alignment done.

second, your tire. replace the tire with the one from the back and see if it still does it. if still does it, than it is in your suspension. if it goes away, that means something is wrong what that tire and it is not ballances properly or the rim is bend or something like that.

Now here is the problem i see with your car, since your tire is wearing out a lot faster on the inside, i would say your problem somewhere in suspension. it is eather upper ball joint or tie rod. check both of them.

MrBen
01-13-2005, 01:33 PM
What shepherd said!

And hope you're not unlucky like I was and have to replace almost every piece of your suspension before the problem gets fixed!

Blkblurr
01-13-2005, 01:52 PM
He said it's the rear tire that's wearing.

AccordNut
01-17-2005, 04:32 PM
well i went home this weekend to fix numerous things on my car, i pulled the back wheels off and jesus!!!!! the back left tire had wire threads showing and i had a split on the inside portion, thank god i made it home in one piece! i replaced both back tires and the vibration is now gone. Dunno if the problem is gone but at least i can ride in comfort again.