PDA

View Full Version : clear bumper lenses for an 86-87 and hatch

markmdz89hatch
08-01-2002, 07:56 AM
Ok, I've finally found it! After 2 hours at the junk yard and a broken back from looking at the front bumpers of all the cars there, I've finally found it.

I found an almost perfect replacement for those nasty looking orange front blinkers. The replacements are completely clear. That's right, NO ORANGE AT ALL. How ya' like dem apples!!!!?

Now hate me if you want, but I'm not gonna tell you what car they came off! At least not now. If you wanna be one of the first to know, check out this link, http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3752 and show up. Those that show will get the first glimpse of them installed and lookin'pretty on my hatch. And damn does it look pretty! ...and they will find out what they came from. I might even have a few sets there for you guys to buy. :D

After that, I'll be more then happy to share with everyone, providing of course, the group that shows up gives them their seal of approval.

Talk to you guys later!

Jims 86LXI HB
08-02-2002, 12:20 AM
I wrote a "how to" when I figured out how to make them myself, it would be nice of you if you'd talk about it. I wonder if you trying to use nissan hard body lenses?

89accordhb
08-02-2002, 07:57 AM
Well ... I guess I'm one of the few with the custom injection molded ones ...

http://www.thepaul.net/car/pics/004.jpg

markmdz89hatch
08-02-2002, 08:14 AM
OK, Alright already, the lenses that fit damn near perfect with just a little modification on the back of the housing itself, and a little mod. on out bumpers is the '90 ish Infiniti M30. They work like a charm.

Wait a minute now, 89accordhb you actually had lenses custom molded for your car? Tell me more, I am at a loss of words. How'd you get someone to do that?:huh:

:bow: :bow: :bow: 89accordhb

Jims 86LXI HB
08-02-2002, 08:49 AM
Well for me that's not being avaliable at all, the m30 wasn't sold in big numbers and I've never ever seen one at a junk yard. Being rare those lense are likely going to not be cheap around here, if I can every find the donor car.

Thank you for letting the cat out of the bag.;)

markmdz89hatch
08-02-2002, 08:55 AM
Jim --> yeah I know how you feel, that was a one-in-a-million find for me. I just happened to be at the right place at the right time and stumbled accross an M30 at the junkyard. it might have actually been a customers, and not a junk, but hey, it was in the junk lot, not the customer parking

Anyway, I might be able to get my hands on one more set. If you're interested, let me know, and I'll see what I can do.:)

87accordlxi
08-02-2002, 09:08 AM
i have the same lenses that Paul (89accordhb) has. yay us.

http://server7.hypermart.net/cutlass/boardpics/101-0151_IMG.jpg

markmdz89hatch
08-02-2002, 09:10 AM
how and where the hell did you get those?

...looks like you also got the same fogs too.:D

ChronoDX87
08-02-2002, 03:17 PM
Wuzza... well nice clear and they look good... i actually put some clear ones my self in my 87 HB... they look really good... and i also painted the front bumper.. since it was originally black bumper... and clear and white.. my good..they look good... gotta get my camcorder and capture some pics .... by the way... all i did was... remember the orange lens..and got the clear lens out of a 89 accord i found in the junk yard.. and fitted them perfectly.. hehe well not perfect :D but they look good
gotta post some pics later.. :pimp:

Peace