PDA

View Full Version : cam gear?

b8er
01-12-2005, 04:28 PM
so i was looking for a adjustable cam gear for my a20a3 and a fellow 3gee member came to me with this

http://goldeneaglemfg.com/miva/graphics/00000001/440-Blue.jpg

just wondering if anybody has any say on this gear, or if anybody else has one , plus im in cnd so im tring to find the best deal i can, what do some of you guys fugure is a good price for the gear above.

ps. i dont mean any disrespect to the fellow 3geezer

Sabz5150
01-12-2005, 06:07 PM
That is the only deal since they are the only guys who make gears for the A series engine. The gears go for about 150 dollars including shipping and whatnot. Several people have those gears and are quite happy with them.

My gear was a custom made piece I got from another member through eBay. You can try to get a custom job, but that will cost much more if I had any guess.

gfrg88
01-12-2005, 09:00 PM
how does this cam gear give you more pwer?? or should i say does this give you any pwer at all??

sorry if this sound like a dumb question :dunno:

AccordEpicenter
01-12-2005, 09:59 PM
it doesnt give you power. It does give you tunability and that is a big big plus in making better power. Tuning is the key

Sabz5150
01-12-2005, 09:59 PM
how does this cam gear give you more pwer?? or should i say does this give you any pwer at all??

sorry if this sound like a dumb question :dunno:

On an SOHC engine, the cam gear will allow you to basically move your powerband depending on how you adjust it. Advancing the gear puts your power down lower, while retarding it pushes it upwards. Some cams make power way beyond the revlimiter, so it is a good idea to use a gear to pull it down to a more usable area. Other uses include compensating for a milled deck or head. It's less a performance item, more a tuning item.

AccordNut
01-13-2005, 06:29 AM
just curious, how do you physically adjust one of these cam gears? this seems like an interesting concept i might be interested in

AccordEpicenter
01-13-2005, 06:52 AM
loosen up the bolts on the outside and use a ratchet on the center bolt and turn it to what you want and then tighten it up again (can be tricky)

modu03
01-19-2005, 11:17 AM
I was looking on that site and didn't see any cam gears available for the 86-89 accord.

am i missing something or do they not actually make any for our cars anymore?

Mike's89AccordLX
01-19-2005, 11:37 AM
They made them for a group buy that took forever and a day. I got mine b/c a few members bought extras just to get the group buy done with. I'm pretty sure they're all bought. I haven't installed mine yet but I can't wait.

AccordEpicenter
01-19-2005, 12:02 PM
seriously we paid i think over a year in advance to have these made... If you can get one get it, there are very few and EXTREMELY RARE. Id pick up one of these before id get an sei armrest..

1988starter
01-19-2005, 01:10 PM
so i was looking for a adjustable cam gear for my a20a3 and a fellow 3gee member came to me with this

http://goldeneaglemfg.com/miva/graphics/00000001/440-Blue.jpg

just wondering if anybody has any say on this gear, or if anybody else has one , plus im in cnd so im tring to find the best deal i can, what do some of you guys fugure is a good price for the gear above.

ps. i dont mean any disrespect to the fellow 3geezer

Ha ha yea that would be mine and yea I am asking 150 and shipping because it would cost me a lot to ship from the us to canada.

nswst8
01-19-2005, 01:51 PM
Golden Eagle won't do another run until a prepaid 30 are ordered.

Yeah these are pretty damn "RARE" But at Retail Golden Eagle was asking $153.95 plus shipping.

And I doubt if you could get 30 Prepaid orders. The price is only going to go up from here.

I had to order three just to help get the order through. Then I almost didn't receive them. And had to pay shipping twice.

If you can find one, you had better jump on it.

And Yes I have a spare silver that I would let go for the right price. And Not what I paid for it.