PDA

View Full Version : this creaky spring will drive me to drink... ...even more than i already do!

markmdz89hatch
08-01-2002, 08:11 AM
AHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :stick:

I can't take it anymore. About 2 weeks ago my damn front drivers side spring started to sound like a creaky door that needs about a gallon of grease. I get in: Creak! I get out: creak! I stand on the door sill with the door open (obviously), and bounce to find out where the F*CK that F*CKING creak is coming from, and: CREAK, CREAK, CREAK!!!!!! It's more annoying then Jim Carrey in Cable Guy. All I can figure is that the spring in on it's way, and lucky me, that sound travels nice and loud right into the cabin, and when stopping or going: CRE-f*cking-EAK!!!!!.

Does this sound like the spring is the culprit?

:wtf: :stick: :mad: :D

88WhiteLX-i
08-01-2002, 07:12 PM
It probably is your spring, but mostly I think it's the strut. What happens is that once the strut gets worn out it puts most of the weight on the spring, and then the spring gets worn out and either squeeks, get physically broken (like mine) and then squeeks. Iam pretty sure this is your problem. Just buy some new struts and have new springs put around them and you'll be fine.

markmdz89hatch
08-02-2002, 04:43 AM
hey 88WhiteLX-i --->
Thanks. Yeah that probably exactly what it is. I know that the struts have been bad for the past 5K+ mi. and already have the Koni Red's to go in there, but have been too lazy to change them out, and as a result :( I blew up my spring, oh well. Guess that gives me a real reason to go and get those B&G's like I've wanted for ever.:D

offthahook
08-02-2002, 04:57 AM
I've had bushings replaced, too. I'm not good at suspension stuff, but I had a horrible creak... My Honda friend said these bushings go fairly often, as do coil springs.

markmdz89hatch
08-02-2002, 05:07 AM
I just got brand new control arms with bushings. Yep, those are also waiting to go on. What else is new.
Anyway, if there are other bushings that I should replace while I have the front end apart, let me know.

GreenMachine
08-04-2002, 04:04 PM
probably the lower control arm bushings, prob the outerMine was doin that damnnn anoying, replaced the inner/outer and that solved it .. The one bushing that connects to the fork needed close to 2000lbs in a hyd. press to get it out . so it could be the strut or the bushings hard to tell.