PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding electric fan.

pendejo
01-12-2005, 10:52 PM
Just out of curiousity, does everyone's electric cooling fan turn on when the key is in the "ON" position, and run constantly, regardless if the engine is actually running or not? I know the Radiator in my car was replaced before I bought it, maybe the guy I bought it from just wired it this way?

Oldblueaccord
01-12-2005, 11:36 PM
Just out of curiousity, does everyone's electric cooling fan turn on when the key is in the "ON" position, and run constantly, regardless if the engine is actually running or not? I know the Radiator in my car was replaced before I bought it, maybe the guy I bought it from just wired it this way?

Short answer NO

Only come on when the car gets hot hes got them hot wired for some reason.

wp

AccordNut
01-13-2005, 06:24 AM
hopefully its just wired wrong and your engine isnt running hot all the time...mine usually only cuts on in the summer time, it does cut on when the engine isnt running thats normal, but not all the time

HostileJava
01-13-2005, 06:30 AM

Sounds like someone wired them to come on when you start the car instead of when the sensor turns them on. Could be a couple reasons for this, the car could have been overheating, the wiring may have gone bad and it was just rewired, or the sensor may not have been turning the fan on when it should have been.

pendejo
01-13-2005, 08:07 PM
Kinda what I thought. Thanks. Now, where to start to fix the problem?

Mac
01-13-2005, 08:23 PM
First you should check to see if the fan sensor is even hooked up. Look on the bottom of the radiator for the sensor. See if the connector is on. If it's not you will need to locate it and see if someone jumped it out. Being that it runs all the time, the chances are good that the sensor is bad and was jumpered out as a quick fix. You might get lucky and all you may have to do is change the sensor and connect it back up.

pendejo
01-13-2005, 08:37 PM
Gracias

Mac
01-13-2005, 08:39 PM
De nada. Let us know what you find.