PDA

View Full Version : Plz Help Tranny Probs!!!!

AccordAddict
01-13-2005, 01:39 PM
Ok i was doing donuts today in a coldisac with an auto tranny and i broke the shit! like when i put it in park or drive or anything the car doesnt go and it just rolls back i have to use the ebrake to hold the car still now. What happened? could it be the clutch, that i grinded it into pieces or is it the whole damn thing? i was revin it in neutral and poppin it into drive and turning then when it caught traction i put it back in neutral and did the same thing over and over then my tranny made a huge grinding sound and buzzing and shit and now it wont work! can you plz help me find out the problem.... im so fucked.

Thanks

nswst8
01-13-2005, 01:45 PM
"Blown Tranny" You put entirerly to much force to the gears and thay gave way. :sadwave:

AccordAddict
01-13-2005, 01:49 PM
shit, then what the fuck can i do? can i get it fixed easily or is it the whole tranny. or just the clutch. have any cost estimates for the damage?

nswst8
01-13-2005, 04:05 PM
Automatic's do not have a clutch. Take it in for a estimate is the best way to see where you stand. I don't mess with transmissions I just usually swap them out with a low milage junkyard one.

phoenxislayer15
01-13-2005, 05:42 PM
Holy bad idea!

ehulst
01-13-2005, 06:07 PM
Yeah it sounds like you def blew the trans......dropping these Autos into drive from N is not the greatest idea.....a transmission re-build is like $1500 or so...take it from someone who has been there done that..auto trans cant take a large beating i'm a average driver but i like to burnout in it....i got mine to do a 4th gear burnout but i don't recomend it.....put a post up in the board that your looking for an Autotrans...i got mine from Rob and lucked out for 280 bucks...only other thing i can say to try but i doubt its gonna help.....do a transmission flush....and don't forget when filling your trans not to screw your dipstick in.....

AccordEpicenter
01-13-2005, 06:10 PM
automatics have 5 clutches, 1 for 1st gear, 2nd gear, 3rd gear,4th gear and overdrive. If you messed up the park setting the only way to fix it is to pull it apart, im not sure but you might be able to get to it on the very end of the tranny without dropping it entirely... cant remember tho

phoenxislayer15
01-13-2005, 07:23 PM
I thought it went 1st, 2nd, 3rd, then overdrive. Only having 4 gears since it's auto...

88Accord-DX
01-13-2005, 10:45 PM
Generally speaking, the clutch in the auto tranny is the torque converter.

Sounds like you fried the tranny. Just swap it out with a used one as mentioned. Having a transmission shop do it could run you some serious cash. Hopefully you have the mechanical ability to pull the tranny out yourself, if not, you looking at some cash to have it done. Either way, it will cost you. Good luck with it & lay off the donuts next time. Donuts are cheaper where the pigs hang out. (Dunkin Donuts) lol. JK.