PDA

View Full Version : clutch stickin

b8er
01-13-2005, 04:04 PM
just recently my clutch has started to stick on me, like il puch it in to shift then when i take my foot off the cluth pedal will just stay stuck down and i have to basicly kick the pedal to get it to come lose but other times it will just take a second then it pops back out and on other occaisions it will be completly fine, i dont know what causes it , i dont thikn its the cold weather, i just cant figure it out, any help would be awsome, thank you

Dutchboy
01-13-2005, 08:11 PM
youl have to get yourself under the dash and take a look at the linkages and see if theres something apparent thats holding it up... mabye theres a wire or something in the way and its gettting caught in the linkage....
its easier to take a small flashlight and then put the seat back and getin upside down and then you can light the linkage areas and look for problems.. it may also be the cable or even the clutch itself... hopefully not.....
or mabye the cold weather weve had in the area lately.. -20 celcius right now at my house.. my car hates the cold...whines and grones

b8er
01-13-2005, 10:48 PM
my car doesnt wine and grone but yes i do know what you mean witht the weather as i live just down from you in kelowna, thanx for the thoughts and il have a look at it

88Accord-DX
01-13-2005, 10:50 PM
Did you put in a new throw out bearing when you put the clutch in?
It sounds like a linkage sticking, but was curious if your throw out bearing is hanging up on the spline.

b8er
01-14-2005, 08:32 AM
no i didnt put the clutch in iv driven the car for a good bit of time with no problem and just this week it started