PDA

View Full Version : G-Tech Pros on Ebay.... total deal

Chicane
01-13-2005, 06:38 PM
Hey everybody, I scored a GTech Pro from this place

http://stores.ebay.com/GTECHPRO

for a measly $29 and some change. Awesome. It came in just a few days, and I had some time to play with it today (my wife drives the accord, so sorry if this isn't exactly honda related but I thought i'd share anyway)... well, long story short, my buddy Phil has an SVX also, only his is..um.... different. :) His has a forester 5spd manual, 4.11s, some insane clutch, ecutune stage 4, stebro rear muffler, 120 shot of nitrous, and an engine only 50k miles young. Mine has a nice suspension and brake system, but my drivetrain is a stock 180k engine and a full stebro stainless steel exhaust system (euro resonator replaces the third cat, center section, and muffler).

Anyway, in order to get an accurate measurement, you need to get your car WEIGHED. No guessing at it from the driver's side sill plate. We went to a trucking scale and weighed them.... mine was about 170 lbs heavier since I have the automatic transmission. We then drove out into the country and found a fairly level road without many houses surrounded by farmland. Perfect. I went first. You simply enter the weight, hit 'ready', and it tells you to go when you feel like it. I nailed the gas and came up with 170hp at the wheels. Tried it again and came up with 172hp at the wheels. Phil's SVX put down 184hp at the wheels, and considering AWD saps away so much, he has quite a bit more power than me at the crank.

0-60 was 7.42 seconds with 2 people in the car and an absolutely full tank of gas. Phil's was 6.51 seconds. Woah. Yeah, that car launches like crazy. :\

If you're looking for a really cheap way to tune your car, look no further. For under 36 total you can find out your ET, 0-60, all sorts of stuff. I don't get comission for this, sorry if this sounds like an ad but I'm just so pumped at what a deal this was... :D

hondamanlxi
01-13-2005, 07:27 PM
that is completly badass! Too bad i cant spare motor-money for that:(

Oldblueaccord
01-13-2005, 08:38 PM
Yeah there handy little tool.

The trick is the ground has to be totally flat and that aint always easy to come buy for some.

wp

Chicane
01-13-2005, 08:49 PM
Old airfields are key, or old drag strips. I know of an old airfield I can get to, but it's about 45 minutes away. One of these weekends I'm going there with a few friends. :)

Mike's89AccordLX
01-13-2005, 10:28 PM
Get the better gtec thing b/c I had that one and it wasn't very user friendly at all. I sold it. The other one is digital and a lot more user friendly.

Elijah
01-13-2005, 10:46 PM
Get the better gtec thing b/c I had that one and it wasn't very user friendly at all. I sold it. The other one is digital and a lot more user friendly.

I had it to and found it to be a headache before anything else

Chicane
01-13-2005, 11:46 PM
?! They're really pretty simple to use, i don't see what you're complainin about... you hold down the switch and tilt it to enter the weight... then select what mode you want with the switch, and press it..... then GO!

What exactly was hard to understand????

2old_honda
01-13-2005, 11:49 PM
this one is only $30. the other one is what? $200? screw that.

Chicane
01-14-2005, 12:21 AM
My thoughts exactly. Plus... like I said.. they're really easy to use, I think I could teach a kid with down syndrome to use it. It has one button for christs sake. :|

Vanilla Sky
01-14-2005, 02:14 AM
i'd love to have one of thses... for poor grassroots "tuners", these things are very handy... still no replacement for better equipment, such as a dyno and a shop full of diagnostic tools, but it does help provide baselines hp before a mod, then you can do it after, for such purposes as reviewing products for our cars... i mean a lot of us can afford to work on our cars, but we can't afford 4 dyno runs to test a product... with one of these and a flat piece of road, we can conduct our own crude tests and start reviewing products and techniques for our cars...

Oldblueaccord
01-14-2005, 07:24 AM
i'd love to have one of thses... for poor grassroots "tuners", these things are very handy... still no replacement for better equipment, such as a dyno and a shop full of diagnostic tools, but it does help provide baselines hp before a mod, then you can do it after, for such purposes as reviewing products for our cars... i mean a lot of us can afford to work on our cars, but we can't afford 4 dyno runs to test a product... with one of these and a flat piece of road, we can conduct our own crude tests and start reviewing products and techniques for our cars...

I just use it for 1/4 mile myself. I mean what else is there?

:rockon:

wp

Chicane
01-14-2005, 07:42 AM
There's 0-60 when you can't find a nice straight road that wouldn't attract too much attention. :)

truetune
01-16-2005, 03:48 PM
theres also breaking Gs and umm a few other things to it....

A20A1
01-16-2005, 04:16 PM
does it measure body roll and turning G's ?

If not then it isn't much use to me.

Chicane
01-16-2005, 05:01 PM
It measures BRAKING (60-0), and it also measures maximum lateral Gs and sustained lateral Gs. It's really quite versetile. :)