PDA

View Full Version : Cold Stall?

HondaBoy
01-14-2005, 04:29 PM
ok, today i parked my car in the parking near the road at work, so it wasnt protected from the wind. the engine was cold when i started it. so i let it warm up. as i was comming out onto the street, i decided i'd do a little burn out. actually did well, ripped em up. anyway, it get ot the stop sign and it starts wanting to stall, and so i have to give it some gas. i pulled into a parking lot right next to the stop sign and it putted and died. so i checked everything, my fuel lines and stuff because i'd had problems and fixed them a few weeks ago. anyway, i let it sit for a minute and tried starting it. it started up, but i could smell like really rich gas smell as if it hadnt been burned. it was cold air today, so i'm thinking i just pretty much puddled the manifold? it hadnt really reached running temp yet. i'm going to keep an eye on that anyway, but i think its because i gave it too much gas. when i did the little burn out it reved almost all the way to red line. i checked inside the air box and it didnt smell funny, i dunno. so it ran well after it warmed up. i stopped at the bank and it started right up again, drove well.

A20A1
01-15-2005, 12:28 PM
I'm surprised it reved up well assuming the choke was closed and the hot-air door was blocking the intake.
You might have just disengaged the fast idle prematurely.
or Fouled a plug or two.

HondaBoy
01-15-2005, 01:04 PM
i drove it all last night, drove great, not running rough or anything. it was just after i started it cold, let the idle settle, but the engine itself wasnt at running temp. i'm thinking just the cold manifold. anyway, i wont be pushing too hard after just starting it anymore, not in the cold air. also, i think it is still running a little rich, but not much. so when its cold its going to have a little problem until it gets hot. anyway, no more problems starting it or bogging acceleration.