PDA

View Full Version : Jax meet, Feb. 19th

Vanilla Sky
01-15-2005, 01:50 AM
ok... there are at least 4 of us willing and ready to meet in jax, FL... i figure all that needs to be done is set up a time and ask if anybody else wants to join in... i figure we can meet up at like a mall (regency, avenues, OP) and go to the junkyard and grab a few parts, that kind of thing, then head out for some food... i don't like to do anything really structured, although the last meet i hosted kinda sucked... i would like to see some of these accords against each other in a race... maybe if you guys know of any places that we can race legally, that would be another possibility for a meet...

with that said, hit me up with suggestions and dates you would like the meet to be...

for you SFL guys: yeah, i know i promised my next meet would be down there... so shoot me... you guys are more than welcome, but don't feel obligated...

this meet is also pretty damned close to GA, so if some of you want to come, have at it...

map to locations will be posted when a meeting place is decided...

and i will be pimping this meet out some to the FL/GA guys, so if you get the PM and don't wanna come, just ignore it... it's just for publicity...

Derick

sleeperheaven
01-15-2005, 09:29 AM
let me know when it is im game

Mattphi
01-15-2005, 11:51 AM
yea lemme know whats up with the date and place and im in. I dunno if i will be drivin the accord tho (its lookin rough...no front rims, broken mirror, etc lol im a perfectionist...) anyways lemme know

truetune
01-15-2005, 12:28 PM
Set a date and location Ill see what can be done.

dub88acc
01-15-2005, 07:11 PM
sorry can't make a jax meet. you have organize a sfl meet down here. i'll probably be able to go in the summer.

Vanilla Sky
01-15-2005, 07:47 PM
yeah, i know... we do need a SFL meet... miami or such...

and matt, if we make it a junkyard mee, we can get you a mirror... rims aren't that big of a deal... i'm rollin on steelies...

as for a date, i'd like to know when it's good for the most... i figure early march, late feb is good... i'd like to do it on a saturday... the last one we met at 10AM... that seemed a bit late, especially if we are makin a junkyard run... i also think a meet time of like 9-10 is good, that would make me feel less bad is someone shows after we pull out... if we want to do the junkyard, the OP mall is closest, there is a BB and CC just down the street... i'd like if everybody had a FRS radio in thier car so we don't have to be so tight in formation on the road... if someone has spares, bring them... i think we'll find then very handy at the junkyard also...

also, if you wanna bring a friend or significant other, i don't mind... the more the merrier...

just remember to bring a full tank of fuel so we don't have to stop for fuel during the meet...

and i'm still open for things to do, so toss some things in the air... and if anybody has a project they are working on or thinking about, bring it with you and we'll toss it back and forth about the best way to go about it...

i'd really like to make this a productive meet, so bring your brain with ya

truetune
01-16-2005, 08:51 AM
ah goody, if its that far from now I should be able to request the meet day off so just set a date and Im there. Chances are Ill be in a big black mean truck.

Vanilla Sky
01-16-2005, 02:21 PM
hehehe, big trucks are cool, man

phrenology
01-16-2005, 08:25 PM
Yeah man if I'm still in FL, the car should be rollin' by late Feb. It would be a nice break in trip for the new motor.

Mattphi
01-16-2005, 09:08 PM
i think late feb sounds real good...ive got some plans that should hopefully be happening by then :kekeke:

EricW
01-19-2005, 09:17 AM
too bad jax. is not closer to panama city or i would consider going. The trip is about 4 hours and I would have to get gas by the time i got there. If Fox was going i might consider it since he is the only other 3geez member I know of in Panama. Oh yeah if any of you FL guys want to join another forum you should join PanhandleGearheads (http://forum.panhandlegearheads.com/) so there will be some other 3geez on there, I know we have members from gainsville to pensacola, most of use are scattered somewhere in between.

SiR
01-21-2005, 05:45 AM
SFL sounds nice, its too damn coold up there! hahaha

Vanilla Sky
01-21-2005, 05:50 AM
lol... yeah, it's kinda chilly up here... i just tossed this meet together because there were 4 of us wanting to do a small meet here... after the small turnout of the last meet i held, i figured it would be best to hold the larger meets down south, or farther up north, like atlanta...

SiR
01-21-2005, 06:03 AM
ATL... hmmm, whatever is fine. The meet is fine except the junkyard.

Vanilla Sky
01-21-2005, 06:20 AM
not a junkyard guy, eh?

SiR
01-22-2005, 06:29 AM
not a junkyard guy, eh?

I dont go if I dont have to. I dont anything from there right now.

Vanilla Sky
01-25-2005, 08:41 AM
how does february 19 sound for you guys?

and rooz, i don't expect you to come up here anyways... it's another 45 minutes on top of the drive to the last meet...

Mattphi
01-25-2005, 09:51 AM
I could do the 19th...

sounds damn good

truetune
01-27-2005, 06:21 PM
I can do it as long as we get done b4 7 cuz there just happens to be a pepper and authority zero show at the beaches that night.

Vanilla Sky
01-30-2005, 08:25 PM
you mean 7PM? yeah, should be... and if not, it's not like we're gonna keep you from goin...

Vanilla Sky
02-03-2005, 06:02 AM
roll-call enabled, sign up here (http://www.3geez.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=56&day=2005-2-18)

Derick

matt, it's odd that it's not working... lemme contact a mod and see if i can get it fixed or if it's just something i'll have to deal with...

Mattphi
02-03-2005, 08:40 AM

phrenology
02-04-2005, 09:13 AM
Nice DGV conversion there! Were you able to satisfy all of the vacuum and EGR lines? I just tore all of mine out when I did the Holley downdraft conversion.

phrenology
02-04-2005, 09:16 AM
Hmmm 19th huh? I'm not gonna make that one, all of the cars is still in pieces and I have to be in Orlando the next day for PMA. Maybe next time will have a meetup here in the Bay Area thats a good compromise for Southies too. Nah, I only say that cause I'm a lazy SOB and don't wanna drive 4 hours. Anybody else from Tampa/Burg on this Forum?

EricW
02-04-2005, 09:21 AM
If I end up going I'm going to have to drive 4 hours but from the other direction.

Vanilla Sky
02-06-2005, 04:22 AM
so, we have:

1. Vanilla sky
2. Mattphi

anybody else?

Vanilla Sky
02-07-2005, 11:18 PM
oh, and we're meeting at the orange park mall... not sure if we'll go to the yard or not, it just depends on what we decide to do...

Tespo87AccordDX
02-08-2005, 12:22 AM
We need to have a meet in CFL or SFL. Jax is a bit too far for me. Orlando, Gainesvile, Tampa, Sarasota, or Lakeland would be perfect next time.

Vanilla Sky
02-08-2005, 12:28 AM
the next one will probably be miami, long about september or october

Vanilla Sky
02-08-2005, 11:28 PM
to reiterate, the meet begins at the orange park mall, which is just off of I-295... contact me for directions if needed...

we will leave the mall NO EARLIER than 11:30, just so that people that may be travelling a long way don't have to leave home as early...

the meet should be over by around 8 or so, but i know one member is leaing early to be at a concert...

bring your tools, some money, and you'll probably want a change of clothes just in case you get grease covered in the junkyard...

we may not go to the junkyard... weather is going to be a big determining factor for that...

i have no real clue as to what we may do, or where we'll end up... we'll see when we get there...

so far, it's still just me and mattphi that's signed up, and probably themagi... if you plan on coming, please tell me so... that way we won't be waiting on no-shows...

truetune
02-13-2005, 07:31 PM
Ill be there I sure as hell better be there.

Vanilla Sky
02-14-2005, 09:59 AM
ok, so it's:
Vanilla Sky
Mattphi
The Magi
truetune

any others? ericw, fox, you guys gonna make it?

EricW
02-14-2005, 10:02 AM
ericw, fox, you guys gonna make it?

I have the day off so I will be there. I sent a PM to fox last night to see if he is still able to go but i haven't herd from him yet.

Vanilla Sky
02-14-2005, 10:06 AM
ok, so it's:

Vanilla Sky
Mattphi
The Magi
truetune
EricW

lookin as good as the last meet, and this is a minimeet, not a full-blown meet...

sleeperheaven
02-14-2005, 12:15 PM
count me in

Vanilla Sky
02-14-2005, 12:22 PM
ok, so it's:

Vanilla Sky
Mattphi
The Magi
truetune
EricW
sleeperheaven

sleeperheaven, wanna meet here in palatka and drive up as a group?

sleeperheaven
02-17-2005, 11:30 PM
yeah still wanna meet about 7 at hitchcocks