PDA

View Full Version : Another motor swap doubt

RiCANACCORD
01-15-2005, 05:47 PM
I want to make a motor swap! Jesus!! I'm a noob, but I guess I should buy DOHC VTEC to make it turbo, or else make the a20a1 turbo. I a bit confussed. Need help I saw a f22 motor that could help me add like 450 HP with the stage 3 ! wow! I'm pretty impressed. I just need help. If any one can help me add me to the msn messenger [email protected]

I'm sure I'm not going to do the swap personally, but I'll pay for the job. Any idea on the price for the job, including tranny. I am desperately playing the damn lotto till I get it. I feel I can get that lotto soon, so I can prepare my 3g and buy a skyline!!!!!

88accordalltheway
01-15-2005, 06:08 PM
the only thing that your can swap in there that wont be a total headache would the be JDM b20. emphasis on JDM.

EVERYTHING ELSE WILL BE AN ARM OR A LEG. emphasis on EVERYTHING.
good luck.

RiCANACCORD
01-15-2005, 06:18 PM
the only thing that your can swap in there that wont be a total headache would the be JDM b20. emphasis on JDM.

EVERYTHING ELSE WILL BE AN ARM OR A LEG. emphasis on EVERYTHING.
good luck.

what hp and is that one from the integra? I would really like a motor that has a turbo kit already. Another question here is if my mechanic would argue if I ask him to make a swap, or should I do it with a friend or something.

what a bout this civic si-r http://www.jspecautosports.com/catalog_product.aspx?prod_id=1

160 HP motor ??? will it fit?

http://www.jspecautosports.com/catalog_product.aspx?prod_id=1 will the RH stage 3 turbo work with this b16. I dream with b's and a20's and I'm very confussed! smufguy!!!! NEED YOUR HELP !!!! CONTACTME !! ASAP! :mad:

RobT5580
01-15-2005, 06:33 PM
The A20A3 is a far better engine to turbo than any b-series for a noob. Sure there are perks to b-series but the A20A3 can and will hold up to boost pressure far better. Sometimes i kick myself for not sticking to it but needless to say im happy but for far much more money. If you want to make good power turbo is a good way to go and it dont come cheap.

I have done about a half dozen swaps and they is a lot of small stuff and if your not mechanically inclined you will be sorry. Im no pro myself but i have a bit of experience under me and it takes a lot to do a swap (talking about a b-series not the JDM B20A). But even with my B20A it required some extra work in the wiring and some fabrication so its still not a simple drop in swap but is as close as you will get to one besides an A20A3.

RiCANACCORD
01-15-2005, 06:36 PM
thanks rob, now read the post before yours and check out hose links !! tell me if it's possible , thanks !

RobT5580
01-15-2005, 07:14 PM
The B20A is rated at 160hp and 140ft/lbs of torque which if setup right would compare to the B16A. Im not going to lie it wont compare right out the box in stock trim. I found mine in stock form is not up to stock specs but there are reasons for that (ECU, Distributor, Intake manfiold, etc). On the flip side the B16A what your talking about rev much higher and have a lot of aftermarket support. But the mounts are no longer made so doing that swap is going to be hard unless you find someone selling theirs. Also the wiring will be an issue as others experienced even with the proper harness. There are pros and cons to every swap so you have to figure out what you really want and within what price range. So to answer your question yeah its possible and has been done by other members. But those swaps can be complicated if you dont know what your doing and not your everyday mechanic can do it right.

And if the car is a daily driver you have to consider the down time of your car and what your getting yourself into. So if you really want a swap i recomend the B20A for the accord but it does have its ups and downs as well. For me it worked out fine because its turbo and im running a fully programmable ECU so it would be performing at or above stock specs w/o the turbo if i swap out the intake manifold.

This is why you should stick to your engine and try to go turbo or modify it to get what you want out it and save the money spent on just doing a swap itself w/o mods.

SteveDX89
01-15-2005, 07:23 PM
Wait until you know what you're doing. You're gonna end up buying something you don't want or like.

hondamotorz
01-31-2005, 04:05 PM
so I can prepare my 3g and buy a skyline!!!!!

you dont deserve a skyline :flipa: just kidding man but you do need to know what you are doing ( at least know what you are talking about :uh: )

HKSdrift3r
02-01-2005, 06:14 PM
researching on this forum can answer many of ur questions and save the frustration of others! :pc:

88accordhb
02-01-2005, 06:17 PM
wow you guys just answered the questions of a guy who got banned a while ago.

88accordalltheway
02-01-2005, 07:01 PM
Ricanaccord=uber nub of the year

Its obvious this guys a total ricer

Here are the clues:
1. Hes asking about a civic si-r motor and if it will fit in his car
2. He gots one of those park benches on his cars ass
3. He has a NON FUNCTIONAL scuby hood scoop
4. He was banned for talking shit to people who know what they are tlaking about
5. Even the newbies (hondamotorz, HKSdrift3r) that have FEWER posts than him know better than to post rediculus things like this...

this guy is somthing else, lmao :kekeke:

AccordEpicenter
02-01-2005, 07:10 PM
ahh well there is a ton of rice out there in the carribean but hes trying to get into performance... so at least hes trying to be a non ricer, so i wont flame him (too badly anyway). If your going N/A the A20A accord engine is less than ideal, doesnt rev as high as some of the dohc engines and doesnt have the aftermarket to get really cost effective n/a... so A b20A would be most cost effective and easiest to install. An A20A3 on boost will top a B20A for comparable money, but certain things would have to be custom made, like charge pipes, exhaust manifold etc... its not too bad if you have access to a welder and know what you are doing. Oh and by the way, with 140lb ft of tq on tap, a b20A will be far quicker than A B16A/B18A/B... prolly give a B18C a run for its money. Performance costs money... how fast do you want to go?