PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

MiGeY
08-01-2002, 09:52 AM
Ok here is my situation. About 2 months ago I bought my 88 Accord Ex-i for $3500 CAD with 250k on it. The mechanical and interior condition is perfect. It was owned by some old guy who took car of the car. The body was in decent shape with a little bit of rust in the usual places.

So I bought the car and decided to paint it. A buddy of mine ownes a body shop so I got my body done for really cheap. Now here is the problem. While preping the car for painting we discovered that both quarter panels were toast. It was in an accedent before it seems and someone did a quick bondo/fyberclass job on it the quarter panels(mostly on one side but a little on the other).

So he remade the quarter and did a very good job of it. The car looks awsome. The only thing is that I'm paranoid about the fyberclass holding. He told me he cant promise me how long it will stay because he doesn't know for sure. It should stay pretty long but you never now.

So here we go. I'm thinking I might sell the car and get the money back that I put into it(paint, tint, and little mechanical work) and buy another 3gee. Then with this 3gee I will go about it the right way. Like replacing the quarter panels before painting it and doing all the other mods before painting it.

Or I keep the car and hope it lasts. The main reason I would want to keep the car is because it runs perfect and the interior is amazing...

So what do you guys think?
Keep it or sell it?

killerb09
08-01-2002, 10:35 AM
wel..I've got a pile of fiberglass in my ride...liek a lot...moulded my rear bumper with it, 1/4 have some ...capped my side skirts with it...etc...it's laste over a year now...no problems other then it cracking a bit from hitting thng(:-))
I mean think of it like this...theres a lot of things made out of glass...boats, drums, bodykits, etc...the stuff is strong adn lasts a very long time...done correct it should out last you

anywasy I don't think you have any problems with the strength of it coming apart or anythign..mine hasn't so far...

MiGeY
08-01-2002, 11:31 AM
Thanx for the info bud :D

I'm not possitive yet but first I'm going to talk to my buddy at the auto body place. See what he thinks.

What I might do is ask for the price that I have spent on it. Now running about $5000 CAD. If I sell it for 5k then thats all right but if not then I will just keep it.

I just hope I can find another car with as good of an interior as my current one...

Keep the suggestions coming. :D

MiGeY
08-01-2002, 11:32 AM
If I do sell it this will probably be the ad:

'88 Accord EXI auto, white ext, emaculate interior, runs perfect. Brand new professional paint job with tint on all windows. Alarm system with starter. New tires, muffler, fuel filter, spark plugs, spark plug wires, and distributor cap. Recent tune up. No rust. Current owner is a mechanic. Very sharp looking car, a must see!
$5000 firm.

What do you think?

87DXHatch
08-01-2002, 05:22 PM
That sounds like a killer add. It would sell me in an instant.

MiGeY
08-01-2002, 08:32 PM
Thanx bud :D