PDA

View Full Version : SCORE!!!i found an untouched sei

buds302
01-16-2005, 12:26 PM
woot!woot! i was at the j-yard today and found an sei complete with black interior and complete rear brake setup!!!!!! i swiped the armrest for 15 bucks. im gonna go back for the brakes when i get another chance later in the week. its a cheap junkyard so ill get em cheap. ill keep ya updated!!

truetune
01-16-2005, 12:31 PM
awesome

I just got a new fender for my car today $25 yay. gettin a door next time I go.

88accordhb
01-16-2005, 01:30 PM
wow bud, youre lucky dude. dude can you gank me the right air vent? i'll pay you. also the clock trim metal piece please and center consol. i stupidly painted these parts red when i used to like all that ricey stuff. i need to go back to black. just anything you can grab i'll pay wat ever shipping and uhh price you paid and uhh extra if you need money for food. but if you don't want to that's fine with me. shoot me a pm.

88accordalltheway
01-16-2005, 01:43 PM
black interior=teh shizy

Cool Find man, I wish i was that lucky.

SQ is the SQUAD
01-16-2005, 02:47 PM
i thought the sei had grey interior and only the dx hatch came with black

RobT5580
01-16-2005, 03:46 PM
Its kinda grey/black iv only seen one so far and it was nice (Hostiles coupe).

Mike's89AccordLX
01-16-2005, 05:10 PM
88accordhb why don't you paint the pieces black I mean its just a thought.

Underdog
01-16-2005, 05:52 PM
Its kinda grey/black iv only seen one so far and it was nice (Hostiles coupe).

I've got the gray/black interior too. My back seats are in amazing shape for a 15 year old car, front could be a little better, but not torn or ripped at least.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/633000-633999/633956_4_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/633000-633999/633956_5_full.jpg

BlueBead
01-16-2005, 06:37 PM
damn.. I gotta get me some leather seats!

mykwikcoupe
01-17-2005, 12:32 AM
hey im looking for a black interior for my coupe. if this sei has one let me know and go get it. ill pay top $$ for it shipped to my place.

Or if underdog ever wants a few bucks i could drive down to his place and swap interiors in a day. Nice. KEEP ME IN MIND IF YOU EVER THINK OF THIS PLEASE!!!

markmdz89hatch
01-17-2005, 06:27 AM
i thought the sei had grey interior and only the dx hatch came with black

From what I've come up with in searching...

The black cloth interior (or as Honda puts it "off-black") was in the Phoenix Red 88 DX Hatch, and the Phoenix Red 89 DX Coupe. Now I have seen some late-run DX Hatch's registered as an '89 (typical Honda move).

Other then that, the 4 Dr. SE-i in the charcoal color paint, came with a charcoal grey leather interior. The coupes in that same color paint came with a black leather interior. This may not be fact, but it's just what I remember coming across in all the time I've spent looking at and searching for these cars.

buds302
01-17-2005, 05:03 PM
it was all dusty inside but your right it was a dark grey interior. but all the dash pieces were black. 88accordhb ill swipe the clock thing for you but i already swiped the armrest. the car is an automatic and it had the sei cupholders on it. as for the right air vent. im not to sure about how to get it out so im gonna have to pass on that one.now the seats were dusty as shit but in somewhat decent shape. the back seat was perfect except for being pulled up on one side cause i guess someone needed something under it. the drivers front seat had a tear on one of the seams at the bottom of the backrest. this car is a coupe and a question has come up with me. will the backseat out of it fit in a sedan? it also had atleast two stock sei rims on it so if someone wants them i can get them. uh the only thing i really want off this car is the brakes and the back seat (if it will fit) other than that yall can have the rest!! hit me up if yall want something. i think the drivers front fender is claimed but im not sure. if you want some thing i can give you a price cause i got the price list in front of me. peace and chicken grease!!!!

AccordNut
01-17-2005, 05:16 PM
thats awesome, a rare find indeed...get the cup holders thats what i did when i found an se-i, i also swiped the rims (which i still have, they are sweet!) the far right air vent is easy to take off, just get a flathead screwdriver and pry it out it pops right off, just dont chip the plastic. Converting your rear brakes to the se-i discs is really nice, i wish i could do that, good luck with it

buds302
01-17-2005, 05:24 PM
oh you mean the grill thing. oh yeah i can get that i thought yall meant the entire vent all the way through the car. if the grill is what you want then ill grab it no prob!!

Underdog
01-17-2005, 05:38 PM
hey im looking for a black interior for my coupe. if this sei has one let me know and go get it. ill pay top $$ for it shipped to my place.

Or if underdog ever wants a few bucks i could drive down to his place and swap interiors in a day. Nice. KEEP ME IN MIND IF YOU EVER THINK OF THIS PLEASE!!!
Hmmmm. No can do. The ladies love the leather :kekeke:

mykwikcoupe
01-17-2005, 11:17 PM
come on underdog. Think of how theyll love the green in hand as opposed to cold ass seats in the winter, hot ass seats in the summer. trust me its best for both of us. Matter of fact lets just trade cars. ill take all the goodies off my car and you can put them on and well call it even. Cool. Maybe Ill throw in a few extra goodies. Its a good deal

Besides the leather always tears at the skin when your UHHH you know. Just remember if you ever ponder for any reason and it looks like it does in the pics send me an email. if you part due to crash or cash, or just want to help a fellow 3geezer make his little pimp ride even more pimpride. Robs a hard guy to keep up with you know

Underdog
01-18-2005, 05:09 PM
Ok, you get dibs when I total it. hehehe. Where in Washington are you? Sounds like you're close. Wanna help me do a 5-spd swap this summer.... :ugh2:

markmdz89hatch
01-18-2005, 07:07 PM
buds302 --> Actually, if that interior plastic on the center console is black, and not grey, I'd really like to get my hands on the front of the center console portion. (The part that the cupholders mount into.) I don't want the cupholders, but I would like the plastic surround if you can get it.

Let me know.

89accord_lxi_coupe
01-19-2005, 01:50 PM
man, i'm tempted to ask for the cupholders. the only thing is i've got books for school to get and of course money for gas. i'm sick of wedging those drive-thru cups between the armrest and the seat. those stupid Mcdonnies cups always tip when you have to make a turn. excellent find man, have fun with it.

89accord_lxi_coupe
01-19-2005, 01:52 PM
hmm, i wonder what kind of condition that Bose system is in. did it have the stock system that you could tell?

Busted_Blue
01-19-2005, 02:16 PM
man, i'm tempted to ask for the cupholders. the only thing is i've got books for school to get and of course money for gas. i'm sick of wedging those drive-thru cups between the armrest and the seat. those stupid Mcdonnies cups always tip when you have to make a turn. excellent find man, have fun with it.

only the regular size cups from mcdonalds will hold on the cupholders. But another thing, cans fit and regular crystal geyser bottles. Snapple bottles and 99cent arizona ice tea cans don't fit. :(

even in this picture, that bottle, if it is full will spill. there are big limitations on the cupholder but it sure is alot better than that tapeholder pos.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/crazyxzer0/Interior/IMG_3635Small.jpg

buds302
01-19-2005, 06:25 PM
yeah guys busted is right they arent good for tall cups or bottles. i looked at them and there arent no holes in the bottom. they kind of have a 1 1/2" deep molded hole. i dont want the cupholders cause i got a police scanner in the tape holder(i cut a hole in the back of it for wires) and my registration and isurance stuff goes in the hideaway slot right above it. i didnt get chance to look at the stereo. i wasnt interested in it. i did notice that thecar had about 174000 miles on it though. um im gon there tommorrow to swipe the brakes and ill get what i can( actually what i have the money for.) what all do i need for the brakes? i know i need the entire knuckle in the rear but do i need the control arms to? and what about the e-brake cable? i heard someone needed to swap that to? so the list so far is: rear knuckles( both sides) and the proportioning valve. am i missing sumthin? im not gonna get the rotors cause the prolly need replaced. also it cost more to get the rotors out of the junkyard. i need the calipers tough right? what about brake lines? am i gonna be ok with stock brake lines in the rar or am i gonna have to change them out as well? please get back to me asap cause i need to know. i jus got off work and im going to bed son so i need to know. im gonna check in the morning bfore i leave though. so all info is helpful!!!

markmdz89hatch
01-19-2005, 06:45 PM
You need:

Entire rear knuckles
(each side)
- rotor and pads(unless you're going to buy new ones)
- caliper with mounting bracket
- e-brake cables
- brake lines (1 hard line and 2 soft lines on each side)

Don't need:
- control arms
- trailing arms

Good luck.

buds302
01-20-2005, 02:54 PM
ok. fresh from the junkyard!!! i went shopping today. 88accordhb i got your clock trim and your right air vent pm me if you want it. as for the stereo it is completely gone! no speakers no head unit nuthin. the color of the car is somewhat of a grey. not a black car. but there is a black two door in there. i also found a two door with an armrest. a tan one too!! im gonna sell one of them but im not sure which one. i like the leather but it dont match the rest of the interior. i got all of the necessary parts for my brake swap but my stupid ass forgot the proportioning valve. oh well! lets see uh. one more thing what the hell kind of tires came on the sei cause the tires that were on this car were wide as shit. the numbers said 195/60/14 85h does the 85h mean anything? i would have snagged the rims but there were only three of them! son of a bitch!!! oh well maybe ill get them and track down one more elsewhere! i didnt grab the cupholders but i dont think they are goin anywhere! im gonna install the brakes in a couple of minutes ill let you know how it goes! laterpeople. im headed out to the garage

Busted_Blue
01-20-2005, 03:16 PM
The proportioning valve may make a difference but I am using an LXi one right now and it runs fine with it. I did not have a flare nut wrench or cutters with me so I couldn't get the valve off the lines without stripping them.

good luck with it! how much did you pay for the brakes?

steven
01-20-2005, 07:28 PM
$90 for the whole rear assmebly(both Knuckles, and parts as in cables and what not.) and we went to parts store and spent $64 on rotors and pads. but we need to get a new caliper for passager side and new upper control arms. becouse they where fucked.

mykwikcoupe
01-20-2005, 07:54 PM
underdo. i did mine last year. took as few days but I had to bail my bro outta jail. and a few other crap. Anyway Im in marysville. if you need anything as far as info or anything let me know.

Underdog
01-20-2005, 09:09 PM
Ok, thanks. I'm trying to find a job right now, and the plan is to get a 5-spd accord parts car for the swap once I get a job. I'm thinking that will be the cheapest way to go since I've seen some for well under $500 on craigslist.

mykwikcoupe
01-20-2005, 09:23 PM
I paid 200 for mine with a centerforce clutch. but I would go centerforce again. mear too fast

bigbrat41
01-22-2005, 02:01 AM
:bowrofl: i definitely want the front seat belts, IF black (let me know how much. [email protected] )
i am interested in the black dash, is it in GOOD shape?
figure out what you would have to have for the dash, removal and shipping to 42127. if it is reasonable i won't mind if you make a few bucks for your time and effort.
is the plastic ( upper ) part of the door panel black also!!!!!!!!!!
the part closest to the window that also has the locks and defrost vents??????
please consider me QUITE SERIOUS!!!!!!!!! :cool:

89accord_lxi_coupe
01-22-2005, 05:52 AM
you said that other armrest is also tan? do you have an idea in mind on how much you might sell one of them for? i'm really interested in one, but apologetically i can't spend a lot because of school.

buds302
01-22-2005, 08:07 AM
alright people i got new news!!!! my rear brake setup is finished!!!!!!! and it works really well. i had to go to the local junkyard yesterday and get another caliper. i got it off of an 89 acura legend L with the v6. now my new question is is has anybody ever tried to swap the brakes from that car? they look remarkably the same as the ones i got. i mean the calipers fit on my sei brakes. i wonder if the rest of it will fit? the brake lines are in the same place and the e-brake lines are the same.

now on to you guys questions. big rat i hate to bust on you but any car other than the friggin blue or the champagne color car har the black dash and door panels. go to your local j-yard to get one. besides im not up for pullin no friggin dash off of a car!! and shipping would be outrageous! sorry man no can do.
89accord lxi coupe. prolly like 30 plus shipping. now unless you find me a tan leather one ill do a trade but i dont think you would want to give up a tan leather one for a cloth one

and for how much i paid for everything! my bro steven got it pretty much right i paid about 90 for both rear knuckles,ebrake lines, and hard lines. now it would have been cheaper if i would have taken the friggin rotors off bfore i left. cause he charged me 20 a piece for them !!!! the spindles were 15 a piece, and then the hard line was 5 a piece and the e brake line was 5 a piece. so i would have really paid 50 for everything but i had to get some other shit while i was there. uh i needed a corner light, that was 8 bucks. and i had to snag the tan armrest that was 15 bucks. then all that plus tax. well it wasnt too bad considering how nice it all is!!