PDA

View Full Version : rice?

88lxicoupe
08-01-2002, 09:57 AM
call me stupid but i have a general idea on what "riced" cars r but please explain thanks:barf:

Inabj2
08-01-2002, 10:29 AM
cars modified to LOOK fast. but that dont go fast.

88WhiteLX-i
08-01-2002, 10:30 AM
everyone has their own idea of what rice is. Something I might think is rice you might think just looks cool. Basically if it makes you happy to do something to your car, do it. Don't let anyone stop ya because they say it's "rice". Obvously though a honda civic with a wing that goes on a Semi-truck, stickers plastered all around it not even having the things the stickers are for, having stock rims on the front and 18" rims on the back, and an exhaust so loud it makes your ears hurt. Well I think you get my point......

Coitis1
08-01-2002, 04:58 PM
check out Riceboy Page (http://www.riceboypage.com). there are some great examples here.

DrMunky
08-01-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Inabj2
cars modified to LOOK fast. but that dont go fast.

That's the most retarded "definition" ever. Talk about leaving the loophole wide open. This definition leaves everyone to decide on what exactly "looks fast" means.

My car looks fast. My car looks really fast in person. I don't have an engine swap. And I don't by any means have the fastest car. What exactly does that mean? Does that mean my car is a "ricer" aka "rice rocket" or any other slanderous term you can dream up? No. That just means that I would rather beef up the looks of my car to MY OWN STANDARDS before I worry about performance.

Most people (including almost all the "anti-ricers" at this board) scream "rice!" at the mere site of a certain color (like yellow) or a certain look (like nice rims and a muffler on a car w/ 98 hp).

Most people that understand the craft and art of car customization agree that "rice" is bad taste (ie: 3rd gen accord painted hot pink with brigth-ass blue accents) or mis-badging (ie: placing an acura badge on a focus, or placing vtec stickers on an eclipse). (NOTE: this definition does not say that the mere site of yellow means rice)

So, usually "rice" is thrown around like it's going out of style. Most cars that people call "rice" aren't rice at all (because they fit the most basic definition of our craft : design your car to make you happy) and don't violate the "bad taste" definition- the color scheme is clean and accurate (ie: not hot pink with red accents) and there are no mis-badges (ie: no chevy v8 badge on a geo).

accordlx
08-01-2002, 06:24 PM
Here Here Juan!!

anchovies
08-01-2002, 08:12 PM
rice == jealousy
live by that rule...and ur good to go

Inabj2
08-01-2002, 09:26 PM
Woah munky dont get your tidy widys in a knot.

I didnt talk shit about your car and i still stand by my brief definition. I personally think that your post was the most retarded way to disagree and just lead to unnecessary flaming.

By looking fast i mean "performance" mods that are not performance oriented at all and are designed to fool that you have a faster car then it is. Different then improving looks. For example a paint color does not look fast. Big muffler tat does noting but make horrid noise is a little ricey. muffler that actually helps flow of the air is not.

88lxicoupe
08-02-2002, 09:40 AM
thank u now its much more clear

Bassman
08-02-2002, 02:02 PM
Rice? Or just ugly?

http://www.importezine.com/Event%20Pics/TOKYOAUTOSALON/revised/page011/images/MVC-004F_10.jpg

Bassman
08-02-2002, 02:04 PM
Rice? Or just ugly?

http://www.anti-rice.com/rice8/wtcamaro.jpg

Inabj2
08-02-2002, 02:09 PM
damn rice.

Bassman
08-02-2002, 02:09 PM
"Rice"

http://ricestreet.ricecop.com/rice008/new8.jpg

hondaaccord_86
08-02-2002, 05:58 PM
HOLY MOLY!!!

:wtf:

88Ex-i
08-02-2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Bassman
Rice? Or just ugly?

http://www.anti-rice.com/rice8/wtcamaro.jpg

try 'gay'.............:D

damackz
08-02-2002, 06:47 PM
hehe thaz not bad u can fly with that fiero lol rimz look dope tho :pimp:

DrMunky
08-02-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Inabj2
Woah munky dont get your tidy widys in a knot.

I didnt talk shit about your car and i still stand by my brief definition. I personally think that your post was the most retarded way to disagree and just lead to unnecessary flaming.

Settle down, I wasn't bitching at you. I was simply stating how wide-open your definition is. I was using my car as an example since it clearly fits your "definition" yet is not rice.

You need to learn how to take criticism better.

87Hybrid
08-04-2002, 08:41 AM
The whole rice thing is so freaking overplayed. All you got to do to not end up one one of these sites is use good judgment when building your car. If you want a spoiler get one that fits, not one that is too big for the car (taller than the passenger compartment or wider than the car +2" on each side) or one that is to small (Mr2 or del sol spoiler on a caprice). If someone calls your car rice them tell them to give you the money to fix it the way they want it or to shut the "F" up.

SteveDX89
08-04-2002, 08:50 AM
When I see those cars that were posted, it makes me think of writing down my grocery list. Damn, I need food.