PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust problem? ( Auto Trans Problem )

Jay's89Lxi
01-16-2005, 10:19 PM
I just reinstalled my Pacesetter header today, but this time I added a "highflow cat" and got rid of the air suction tube, or whatever you call it that comes out the side of the header and connects near the egr. Well it would stumble in the lower rpm's and would shift to early. So I switched the o2 sensor connectors. That seemed to keep it from stumbling, but it still seems to shift to early. Before if you would step on it it would go into the higher rpm's with no problems. Now it seems to shift slowly at around 4,000-4,500. Could installing the high flow cat have caused this? If anyone has had this same problem please reply, cause if not im tearing this shit apart tomorrow and throwing the stock cat back on!

shepherd79
01-17-2005, 04:57 AM
i never heard to high flow cat causing this kind of problem.
the shifting problem is related to loose TV cable. adjust it according to manual or just play with it.

the ruff idle could be anything. did you reset ECU after you swaped the O2 plugs?

snow_man_20
01-17-2005, 06:50 AM
i'm sorry i don't know much about automatics, but does the pacesetter header have both o2 sensor inputs? could the o2 sensers gotten damaged during the swap??

A20A1
01-17-2005, 11:05 AM
Here is a thread that should help answer your questions
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=40885

There is an animated image showing proper TV cable adjustment

Jay's89Lxi
01-17-2005, 08:48 PM
Maybe my wording wasn't the best, but it's almost more like it bogs down before it shifts, compared to "it shifts to early". I didn't have this problem before so I thought maybe it was something I added. Thanks A20A1 I checked out the link you posted and everything seemed fine on my tranny. Could the bogging down be a cause of the 2.25 piping to the stock cat flange (which is less than 2inches)and then to the 2.5 cat? Could that cause like a restriction in exhaust flow since it's not the same diameter when it flows into the exhaust piping? I didn't realize the diameters til i looked on the box.The o2 sensors are fairly new,should I also replace those? Sorry for all the questions, but I never had a problems like this before.

mag_pbg
01-18-2005, 04:24 PM
what did you do with the egr pipe, did you cover the holeż If the the car is sucking in air from the egr valve, that could be why you are bogging down.