PDA

View Full Version : Wiring

mesdeir
01-17-2005, 01:13 AM
what is the problem if the front lights bling follows the sub sound?is it because of not enough power or my wiring from my battery.......help me pls.What is the diagram wiring if i put 2 battery & what Volts should it be...TQ.....Luv 3geez Forever. :rockon:

Vanilla Sky
01-17-2005, 02:06 AM
you have too much load on your electrical system... if i were you, i'd get a new battery, a new alternator, get a new alternator cable, new main power cable, new ground cables, and make sure all of the connections are very solid...

i gurantee several people will come up here soon saying that you need a power cap... well, your electrical system seems to be inadequate for what you have running, so i would upgrade the wiring before i added in a power stiffening capacitor... not saying i wouldn't put in a cap, i'm sayin that i'd make sure my electrical system was up to snuff before i put a power cap in...

chances are that with a good electrical system you won't even need the power cap...

Derick

snow_man_20
01-17-2005, 02:18 AM
i agree with vanilla a power cap is only going to mask the problem, i had my headlights doing the same thing, and after looking at my battery conecters i noticed that thay were coted with asid corsion crap cleaned that off with a wire brush. Helped alot, then got a cap :thumbup: hopefully it's that easy and cheap for you too.

mesdeir
01-18-2005, 07:03 PM
Thank a lots guys :bowrofl: :alc:

danronian
01-18-2005, 09:46 PM
Don't go all out and replace everything before replacing/cleaning up your grounds and battery connections, doing this will probably fix your problem. My lights were always dimming with only a 200w max amp but now with new grounds it only dims at idle, which is fine with me. It was like this for 2 years and it didn't hurt anything in my electrical system and the battery was actually beyond it's "expiration date" and I replaced it just because I knew it was going to die pretty soon. I was going to get a cap. but now since my dimming problem is solved I'll just wait until I hook up my second amp to get one.