PDA

View Full Version : My CD Player

phoenxislayer15
01-17-2005, 05:01 AM
Ok, so I deiced to go outside and hook up my CD player today...and of course something had to go wrong. I had it all hooked up and working, and then it would not turn on. The CD players pwr light is lit up red, but it will only eject and accept CDs, then turn off. I replaced the fuses going to the CD player power wires, and I'm sure the radio fuse is good. CD player is also still good... Any ideas?

snow_man_20
01-17-2005, 08:28 AM
i would have to say your cd player is bad, if you have the ground (black), memory (yellow), and power (red) all with good conections you should get power and the clock should stay ontime. If there is no power at all check your fuses under your dash, the fuse on the memory wire should never blow because your indash fuse should blow before your memory fuse. Also if you used your harness from the old stereo and used a harness from wallmart or stereo store and got good conections on all of the wires it should work good. good luck

Ludi Mali
01-17-2005, 09:29 AM
yeah, even if you hook up the power and memory wires backwards it will still work while the car is on, you just lose your settings whne you turn it off. so i'd say its a bad radio. test it in another car tho if you can.

Accord_Beater
01-17-2005, 11:30 AM
Easiest way to check, is hooking up the Yellow and Red wires directly to the positive terminal of your battery, and the Black wire to the Negative terminal of your battery.
This will tell you if there's just a wiring problem, or if it really is the deck.

PortugalFocus
01-17-2005, 02:54 PM
Agreed, before I install a cd player or anything that is electrical, I always test it before it gets put in to look nice n pretty. Nothing is worse than having it completely installed only to find out it doesn't work right or work at all.